1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Browser does not except cookies?

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Lori 1, Apr 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lori 1

Lori 1 Thread Starter

I have had this problem for quite a while now. I still keep getting this message from time to time.Grrrrr no cookies

Sorry, your browser is currently not set up to accept cookies. You must set your browser to receive cookies in order to process this form.

To return to your profile form after turning on cookies please use the back button on your Internet browser.

I have followed everyones instructions on correcting this but it still won't work right. I am on DSL router box. Can someone tell me what Intranet is?

In my security settings it says to automaticly log on only to Intranet Zone, could this be my problem? What is Intranet Zone? could someone please help me fix this problem?
    Lori

2. Dingenium

Dingenium

Are you using MSIE 6? Have you made sure the Privacy Settings are set to accept cookies?

From MSIE, click on TOOLS -> INTERNET OPTIONS, and then click on the PRIVACY tab.

Setting your Privacy to Medium is good, or Low. Try this out if you have Internet Explorer 6. It should work for you...

3. Lori 1

Lori 1 Thread Starter

yes I am using 6.0 I have changed my setting to medium and it still won't work right here's a pic of the edit settings, I can't find anything about cookies anywhere else.

Attached Files:

4. hewee

hewee

Check your firewall Lori. :)

5. Lori 1

Lori 1 Thread Starter

Hi Harry, I don't know how to check my firewall.

6. Dingenium

Dingenium

The firewall would be what you refer to as "DSL router box" on your first post. Linksys, Belkin, etc have built-in firewalls that may cause a problem like this.

I am curious about something, though. What website is it on? Meaning, you come here multiple times during the day, and it (assumeably) keeps you logged in --- hence, a cookie. So, cookies most likely are working for you. It could be the site.

7. Lori 1

Lori 1 Thread Starter

Yes the router box has a built in firewall, it seems to be if I reply to an email from websights that I subscribe to. This time it was HP survey in my hotmail, and I got the reply, that I posted above, about not excepting cookies. I was wandering about what you said above, I don't have any problems with any other sights, excepting cookies, or the web sights wouldn't even show.

8. Dingenium

Dingenium

It could be that you or some other software inadvertantly set the website that you are having trouble with as being a "blocked" or special site. You could especially add this website into the "trusted sites" on the security tab. This may work.

Further, you could try copying and pasting the URL for the HP Survey or whatever in a new browser Window instead of just clicking on it. Sometimes I have noticed that Hotmail may change a few things around when it comes to security.

9. hewee

hewee

Is the trouble just here at TSG?
    You said you was going tru hotmail. If you have email at hotmail and click on the link they have you link tru them and it will kill the cookies for sites that you have cookies for.
    If you can see the whole link in your hotmail email then highlight it and copy it and paste it in the address bar and hit enter and it should be ok.
    Or get a better web base email like MyWay that does not add there link to email like hotmail and yahoo and some others do.

10. Lori 1

Lori 1 Thread Starter

Hi again Harry, I'm not having any problems with TSG, Mostly with links in my hotmail, so I will try copy and pasting it today and see how that works, or if it will work. I will also do like Dingenium said too, if I can figure it out.I will post back after I have tried these things.I really hate to change to another email, since I have had my hotmail address since the mid 90's, Thanks Harry have a great day. Well I guess I cant copy and paste it cause all there is to click on is take survey. There's no websight to copy and paste. :(
    Lori

11. hewee

hewee

Wish you the best of luck Lori.
    Maybe just get the other email for site like this where you are subscribed to.

You have a great day too. ;)

12. Lori 1

Lori 1 Thread Starter

Hey Harry'' I been doing a lot of reading, and checking things out,lol just looking not changing anything,lol and thinking that my popup blocker from msn could be causeing a lot of my problems.Maybe I can get rid of that, find another one, that I can set, and have some options. If anyone else has any thoughts, on this feel free, to post it.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/220817

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice