Browser font

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nightmusic

Using windows 98 and Compuserve 2000 on an e-machine and 800 x 600 pixel, (which I've always used on a 19" monitor), I think I've gone insane. The other day I ran a Symantec free virus scan and was told I had several infected folders and I should delete them, which I did. One of the items I had to reinstall was IE 5.5...so far so good. The machine is working fine and when I log onto Compuserve, everything appears normal. But if I go to a sight containing interactive messages, the font is twice the size than it ever has before. One of the sites I go to has written stories that appear in "text", but the whole sentences no longer fit on my page. If I print them, only the words visible on the screen print and not the words that go off the screen. I have to keep scrolling back and forth (side to side). I contacted several of the sites this is occurring on and they told me they haven't changed their font to a higher point size, that my browser must be set at an improper setting. For example, the words I'm typing to you appear the normal size, but the things that you have written are much larger. Is there a way to lessen the font? My e-mails are normal, the HTML letters are normal, but not the text. Has the cyberworld finally driven me crazy. I know it's not my eyesight, but I can't find anything in any manual how to solve this. You've helped me so many times before. Have I given you enough info to give me an idea of what to do?

when the text is to large or small you can click on VIEW in IE browser & go to text and adjust the size you are viewing it as.

you may want to check your drivers in system properties under device manager... click on the ( + ) at the display adapter & then the subitem ... go to properties & click update.

Savvy :)

nightmusic

Savvy,
You are wonderful!. With your instructions, my problem disappeared in a matter of seconds. The font and my sanity have been restored, thanks to you!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online