Browser fonts in italics?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

girlie

Hopefully someone can help me out here because I really have no idea what settings I mucked with or what changed here. A couple of days ago I started noticing that fonts on different webpages (cnn.com, gmail.com, etc..) were showing up in italics. Basically, anything on a website that isn't bolded is italicized. I've searched all over to try and fix this and haven't come up with any solutions.

This is happening in both IE & Firefox so I'm stumped as to what I changed or how to get it back.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

I got this from IE6 HELP menu
-----
To display Web page text in a different font

In Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
On the General tab, click Fonts.
In the Web page font and Plain text font lists, click the fonts you want.
-----------------
Maybe you unchecked something on that page, looks simple enough to fix it.

girlie

I tried checking into that. It didnt fix the problem. The issue lies not in the browser, but something in windows itself. I never use IE (only checked to see if it was affected as well) only Firefox. I putzed with the font settings within Firefox as well.

I did some reasearch since I posted and somewhere suggested replacing the verdana fonts. Did that and I'm still getting the italicized fonts.

I attempted to change the default windows font as well and had no luck.

girlie

Resorted to a system restore... problem solved.

Edit: and after the restore I uninstalled a program we use for work here on my home computer. It's got a GIS mapping engine in it. After uninstalling that, the fonts went back to italics so I guess I figured out where the problem started.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online