1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Browser has changed language

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mike_allemande, Feb 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mike_allemande

mike_allemande Thread Starter

Help
    I just can't understand why Firefox and Thunderbird are now in an Asian language. I don't think I did anything specific, but I was trying to get my microsoft keyboard to produce Pound Sterling symbols rather than dollars.

Internet Explorer is still in English, but Microsoft Help & Support is in the Asian language.

I had another go at looking at the problem, and went to Control Pane/ Regional & Language Options / Advanced, and not sure if I had changed anything here- anyway it is set for UK, which is where I live.

hope someone can help

thanks

Mike

2. cgesicki

cgesicki

if u go back to Regional and Language options, then click on Languages tab is the "Install files for East Asian languages" checked off? If it is just uncheck it and reboot.

3. mike_allemande

Hi GSecki

The"Install files for East Asian languages" is not checked?

best wishes
    Mike

4. mike_allemande

Hi there

I have just had another look at Firefox and Thunderbird and the language is not Asian as I thought, but has a very truncated look as the upper case letters have gone down and the lower case letters are extremely small. In fact I can make the font larger with the 'increase text size', but it looks extremely strange with the Capital letters so far below the lowercase letters.
    Any ideas how I can get back to normal would be appreciated.

best wishes
    Mike

5. cgesicki

cgesicki

do u remember what u did when u attempted to input Pound Sterling symbols?

6. mike_allemande

Hi cgesicki

I don't understand the things that happen on computers. My problem seems to have sorted itself out - don't know how. I looked at the fonts folder in control panel plus in extensis suitcase and all the usual system fonts etc weren't there. But, today they are back and everything is okay. Plus I have found the key for the £ sign - I am absolutely positive it wasn't there before.

Thanks for your help anyway
    Mike

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541080

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice