1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Browser & Hijack closes Immediately

Discussion in 'General Security' started by solidnailer, Oct 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solidnailer

solidnailer Thread Starter

Ohh Hi...I've posted a same thread on this issue before but i made a stupid mistake..
    I added the word hijackthis to my title..and i cant seem to open the thread up due to the problems in my computer...

i'll basically repeat what i said on my previous thread..

I know that I've heard that other people have had similar problems, and I've read how they have had their problems fixed. Ive tried many different things to get my problem fixed, but nothing seems to work.

I think I may have multiple problems that may or may not be related to each other, but either way I cannot do certain things to fix anything.

The problems that I have noticed are:
    1. Home page for internet explorer changes to nuevaq.fm even when I change it back to what I want.
    2.a)Hijack This opens, then lasts about 5 seconds, then automatically closes
    b) Whenever I type Hijack This in internet explorer, whether on google, or any site, Internet Explorer closes within seconds (making it almost impossible to search for help regarding Hijack This)
    3. Regedit/msconfig open for a split second then close again (task manager and antivirus sites do still work)

could any of u tell me if there's another software i can use to get rid of this problem..and if possible guide me through the process...thanks

FYI: i posted this in this section because i could not enter the proper forum cause my browser seems to automatically close when i do so...srry for the inconvenience caused..

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

You computer is obviously infected. Are you saying you cannot post in the Malware Removal & HijackThis logs forum? Possibly caused by the name HijackThis?

Can you download the program after booting in Safe Mode with Networking?

Is so,

Please click here to download and install the HijackThis installer.

Run it and select Do a system scan and save a logfile.

The log will be saved in Notepad. Copy and paste the log in your next post.

Do not fix anything

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/866624

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice