Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Browser Hijacking

800 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Cheeseball81 
#1 ·
Anyone had their browser hijacked? Any advice on best protection to prevent this from happening again and again. Someone suggest eblocs security toolbar on another forum - http://toolbar.eblocs.com - but I haven't seen much information on other forums on it and am reluctant to make a bad situation worse. My symptoms are I reset my start page in my browser (IE) but when I wake up in the morning it's been hijacked again. Is this an indication that something more serious going on?

#2 ·
Welcome to TSG :)

We can recommend protection programs for you, but first I think we should check to see what's causing your browser to be hijacked.

Please do the following:

* Click here to download HJTsetup.exe: http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/files/HJTSetup.exe
Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.

Double click on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
Click Save to save the log file and then the log will open in notepad.
Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

#3 ·
Thanks, Cheeeseball81. I've got to go out for awhile but will try and get to it tonite. Love your alphabits/cheerios signature.

Cheeseball81 said:
Welcome to TSG :)

We can recommend protection programs for you, but first I think we should check to see what's causing your browser to be hijacked.

Please do the following:

* Click here to download HJTsetup.exe: http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/files/HJTSetup.exe
Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.

Double click on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
Click Save to save the log file and then the log will open in notepad.
Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.