1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Browser & + HijackThis closes Immediately

Discussion in 'General Security' started by solidnailer, Oct 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. solidnailer

solidnailer Thread Starter

I've been through the forums and i know that other people have had similar problems, and I've read how they have had their problems fixed. I've tried many different things to get my problem fixed, but nothing seems to ever work.

I suspect that i have multiple problems that may or may not be related to each other, but either way I cannot do certain things to fix anything.

The problems that I have noticed are:
    1. Home page for internet explorer changes to http://www.nuevaq.fm/ even when I change it back to what I want.
    2.a)HijackThis opens, then lasts about 1-4 seconds, then automatically closes
    b) Whenever I type Hijack This in internet explorer, whether on google, or any site, Internet Explorer closes within seconds (making it almost impossible to search for help regarding Hijack This)
    3. Regedit/msconfig open for a split second then close again (task manager and antivirus sites do still work)

It'll really help me if you guys could tell me an alternate software which could fix this problem or better still guide me through the process of getting rid of this problem..

FYI: I wanted to post the Malware Removal & HijackThis Logs forums but whenever i visit the subforum my browser automatically closes...

please help me thanks in advance

2. cybertech

cybertech Moderator

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/866622

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice