1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

browser plugins such as google/yahoo/DAP etc

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by rip_brandon, Dec 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rip_brandon

rip_brandon Thread Starter

does anybody out there have any ideas why, sometimes after doing nothing but shutting down my pc, my plugins like google and yahoo either move to a different position on my browser, or in the case of google disappear altogether?

it is getting annoying cos i have to chek everytime i open up IE to make sure they are all still there.

any help would be much appreciated.:cool:

2. beach51

beach51

Hi Rip_brandon,i see you mention DAP in the subject line.Dap,has a spyware program called speedbit i believe its called.Spyware can cause alot of problems,and some even act like a trojan.Might be a good idea to download Ad-Ware5.6 and scan your system for any spyware.You can get Ad-Aware here for free.

http://www.lavasoftusa.com

Might also be a good idea to post your startup page back here so we can see if some of the real nasty ones are on your system that Ad-aware will not remove.Go to Start>Run>type in Msinfo32.click on the + sign next to software enviroment>click on startup programs>click on edit>select all>edit>copy and paste the page back here.

3. rip_brandon

1st Clock Startup Group "C:\Program Files\1stClock\1STCLOCK.EXE" -tray
    Screen Saver Control Startup Group C:\WINDOWS\FSScrCtl.exe
    AntiCrash 5.0 Startup Group "C:\Program Files\Jibreel Inc\AntiCrash\AntiCrash.exe"
    ZoneAlarm Common Startup Group "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zonealarm.exe" -nopopup
    Taskbar Display Controls Registry (Per-User Run) RunDLL deskcp16.dll,QUICKRES_RUNDLLENTRY
    ScanRegistry Registry (Machine Run) c:\windows\scanregw.exe /autorun
    TaskMonitor Registry (Machine Run) c:\windows\taskmon.exe
    SystemTray Registry (Machine Run) SysTray.Exe
    LoadPowerProfile Registry (Machine Run) Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
    AEZBProc Registry (Machine Run) c:\ibmtools\aptezbtn\aptezbp.exe
    Gator Registry (Machine Run) "C:\Program Files\Gator.com\Gator\Gator.exe"
    AVG_CC Registry (Machine Run) C:\PROGRA~1\GRISOFT\AVG6\avgcc32.exe /STARTUP
    LWBMOUSE Registry (Machine Run) C:\Program Files\Browser Mouse\2D Browser Mouse\1.0\lwbwheel.exe
    CriticalUpdate Registry (Machine Run) c:\windows\SYSTEM\wucrtupd.exe -startup
    LoadPowerProfile Registry (Machine Service) Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
    TrueVector Registry (Machine Service) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ZONELABS\VSMON.EXE -service
    MiniLog Registry (Machine Service) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ZONELABS\MINILOG.EXE -service
    Avgserv9.exe Registry (Machine Service) C:\PROGRA~1\GRISOFT\AVG6\Avgserv9.exe

these are my startup programs.......the toolbars dont always change position but when they do, i have not changed anything.
    i have uninstalled google and hotbar (that i used to have) becuase i have no need for them no more.....im gonna get that spyware program, thanks for the advice.....could the problem be linked to temp files and/or defrags etc?

4. beach51

beach51

Well i see you Gator in your startup,this is also spyware.Go to start>run>type in Msconfig,click ok.Click on startup tab,remove the check mark next to gator,click apply,then ok.Let the computer reboot.Now go to the control panel,add and remove programs,see if gator is listed there,if it is remove it.

Lets clean out the temp files.Go to Start>Shutdown>Re-start in ms-dos>at the c:\prompt type

Smartdrv hit the enter key
    Deltree/y Tempor~1 Hit the enter key
    Deltree/y Temp Hit the enter key
    Deltree/y history Hit the enter key
    Deltree/y cookies Hit the enter key

Exit Hit the enter key

Re-boot the computer after you exit dos.Now run scandisk,then defrag.The best way to run scandisk and defrag is from safe mode.If you dont want to go into safe mode just end task everything using Ctrl>Alt>delete,except for explorer and system tray.

Let us know how this works for.And dont forget to download Ad-aware5.6.And also get the lastest ref-file while your there

5. rip_brandon

it worked thankyou very much.......i love gator but the bas###ds been two timing me hehe

thanks again!

6. beach51

beach51

Your welcome :D Am glad it worked for you.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61188

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice