1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Browser question

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by ibm37, Oct 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ibm37

ibm37 Thread Starter

HI,
    I have my CV on the internet ( I created the Web Page in Dreamweaver )
    Basically I have two questions/problems?

1. In the Web Page I have designed I have created a " Gif image" (Photoshop), this is my name, and this is hyperlinked. so when someone clicks on it you can save/open CV as a *.doc file.
    When I was creating the Web Page in Dreamweaver, I was careful to make sure the Background of the Page and image were the same, so just see my name as the hyperlinked image (no square if you see what I mean would show). On testing this on my XP IE6.0 machine all is ok. I later realised that on my other PC ( Win 98/IE6.0 ) you can see two shades of the grey colour I chose? So of cause I am thinking now that a lot of other people could be seeing this too?? which is a bit of a concern..
    Can anyone help?
    **Colour is #CCCCCC in Dreamweaver, both in image and background page?*

2. Again on my XP/IE.60, when you select this image, this brings up the "download/save" option dialogue box, so have the option to open this doc in IE, or save as a doc file. (later open in Word to print ) On my Win 98 PC, this does not have the option to save/download? just opens in the browser? I was thinking this has something to do with "file options" for html ie make sure "confirm after download is checked" but it is? Can I have some help with this as well..

Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169857

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice