1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

browser setting

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by fwjo, Sep 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fwjo

fwjo Thread Starter

I have just downloaded avg and I got the email on how to complete. I can`t find the file. It says locate the file, depending on your browser setting, this is a hp me, then run it, How do you start it. duh

2. BillC

BillC

When you d/l, I assume you said to "save" when the pop-up window appeared? The file is probably in " My Documents" somewhere.

You can also do a search, by clicking Start > Search and type in AVG or Anti Virus Grisoft, etc. 'Search' should find it for you.

Is that what you were asking or did I misunderstand ?

3. fwjo

fwjo Thread Starter

I did search and looked in doc. Then I went to uninstall to look for it and I don`t see it any where. Is there anywhere else to look?

4. brindle

brindle

You did a search for avg and came up empty? If thats the case D\l it again and make note of where it was saved.

click save in the pop-up not open, mine goes to my documents\setup. the D\l is an exe file and when you click on it the install process will start, it's that easy.

5. fwjo

fwjo Thread Starter

Thanks for your help. I think I hit open. I`ve been on this thing all day. I think I will try again tomorrow. I need to go enjoy another nc sun set. I think I have brain freeze now, later

6. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Fwjo:

Create a new folder on your desktop and rename it "My Downloads" or some other similar name. From now on, anytime you download something from the Internet and need to save it, just direct it to be saved in that folder. You won't have any trouble finding the downloaded file after that. :D

Frank's Windows 95/98 Tips

7. CastleHeart

CastleHeart

Hello from the coast FWJO,

Just another tidbit for your future searchs. Since you just downloaded the file it will be listed near the top of a search for FILES CREATED with the time period on the date tab set to 1 day.

Let's just say for example that the file was name something other than what you thought. A quick view of the latest files created from around the time you DL'd might just point out that bad boy.

Just a tip!

- Castleheart :cool:

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168118

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice