1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Browser windows open in half-size

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by BooBoo2003, Oct 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BooBoo2003

BooBoo2003 Account Closed Thread Starter

I started experiencing problems on my pc and after searching quite a bit, I found your site. Excellent site and tips. I followed the tips, downloaded several packages and removed lop and other things off my pc.

The last remaining problem is that when I click on a hyperlink, it only opens the browser window that is full size width-wise, but only half-size vertical-wise.

What can I check for or change to open the browser window in maximum window?

I hope that I am not confusing ya'll about this.

2. Flrman1

Flrman1

Open a browser window from a link and move your mouse pointer to the edge of the window until it becomes an arrow. Drag the window to the desired size both top and bottom. Once you have it at the size you like hold down the Ctrl key and go to File>Close and close the window. Windows should remember this setting and subsequent windows opened from a link should open that size.

3. Flrman1

Flrman1

Oh! and:

Welcome to TSG!:)

4. BooBoo2003

BooBoo2003 Account Closed Thread Starter

Thanks!

Your tip worked, but it does not work if I maximize the window. I had to use the arrow method and it saved the setting. At least that is better than what was occuring before.

5. Flrman1

Flrman1

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/173354

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice