1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Browser windows opening up on their own

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by rufusta2, Sep 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rufusta2

rufusta2 Thread Starter

I will have 1 or 2 windows open doing some work online, and then it will just start opening up explorer windows. I have to usually log off or shut down my computer to stop them. I have spyware and virus programs that are up-to-date and I run them frequently. What does this sound like and what can I do to stop it? It doesn't do it all the time.

2. durant125

durant125

Just want to make sure Internet Explorer windows opening up? If so what if any websites are they opening to? When you run the virus and spyware are they finding anything? If not I would update both your anti-spyware and anti-virus programs. Reboot start up in safe mode and do a complete system scan with the antisone at a time. Also It doesn't hurt to have more than 1 anti-spyware program, only one should be running at a time.

3. PoleStar

PoleStar

Opening with only some specific sites or with all.If with only some, then these may be popups from that site. Otherwise a virus/spy.

4. rufusta2

rufusta2 Thread Starter

It is IE explorer windows that open up, it opens to my home page. It had opened up 50windows before I got it to stop the last time, had to log off my computer to do it. It justs does it at random. Using Symantec virus software, updated constantly, Spybot S&D, updated constantly and Spyware Blaster, also keep it updated. It doesn't show anything when I run the scans.
    I may be on Myspace or just browsing, like IMDB looking for info on a movie, and it starts.

5. rufusta2

rufusta2 Thread Starter

Started this time when I was on yahoo.com checking my mail. Sometimes I can get a spybot box that opens and asks me for blocking confirmation for some kind of site and I always block, other times is doesn't show that box.
    I ran spybot immediately after this happened and it showed no problems.
    Would it stop if I went to Firefox instead of using IE 6? Need any help someone can give me because it is starting to drive me crazy.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/750600