browser wont open

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bigdan

My browsers, particularly IE (6) dont always respond when I try to open them. With IE about half the time when I click the icon nothing happens. If a then check task manager IE is indeed running and taking up about 14K of memory, but it never opens. If I try opening it again another instance will just open under task manager and nothing will show up. Now if I end all the IE processes in there and then start IE again it'll be fine. But I need to get this fixed. Any ideas?

Thanks
Dan

ekim68

Mike
Not sure this will help, but IE6 had a couple of updates. Have you tried updating it?

bigdan

nope, i dont even know how to! but i dont really want to anyway b/c i want to stick w/ IE 6 not get 7. i believe the update has 7, no?

bigdan

i unchecked enable third party browser extensions in the tools - options - advanced window and that did the trick! however now IE opens w/o the google toolbar and i need that. i checked it again, and the toolbar returned but IE went back to behaving the same way. im guessing its not the toolbar but some other addon thats creating the problem. how do i go about fixing this tho?
thanks
dan

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online