1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

browser

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by spa76, Dec 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. spa76

spa76 Thread Starter

Can you tell me how to make I.E my default browser,I have just signed on with AOL and don't like their browser layout.

2. beach51

beach51

Hi spa,go to start>settings>control panel>internet options>click on the program tab>at the bottom put a check in Internet Explorer should check if is the default browser>click apply>then ok.Reboot.

3. spa76

spa76 Thread Starter

no good. Box already ticked. It says in dial up settings - aol etc please do not delete[ default] I need I.E browser window because aol is full of links,too busy, too full of stuff I don't use- and I am used to the simplicity of I.E window.

4. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

spa you can only have one default

choose which one you want

5. beach51

beach51

Hi spa,Leave it to AOhell to take over the whole computer,:D Is there an option in there to change it.I had that ISP a few years and i forget how to change it back,and am not sure if there is one.Sorry,maybe someone else has the ans.

6. RubySlippers

RubySlippers

Why are you using AOL if you don't like the links or the pictures or all the other stuff that makes AOL what it is? Sounds like you'd be happier with an internet service provider rather than AOL which is an internet content provider.

7. hewee

hewee

Plus your save money by getting a real ISP.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63263

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice