1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Browser...

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Jan007, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jan007

Jan007 Thread Starter

I had to uninstall Norton Anti-Virus program as it had expired, or it was going to expired in a few days....then I installed AVG anti-virus program.
    Now, when I open my internet explorer browser, I don't have an address bar, or any of the back button icon, etc....I only see the links and menu bar....I've downloaded IE 7....thinking I would get it back and it didn't work....I am at a lose of what I'm suppose to do to get my browser back to normal again. Any suggestions???

2. bicycle bill

bicycle bill Banned

Try this.

Open IE
    click View then the Toolbar entry..

See if its not Locked....

if so unlock it...

and then choose customize..

....customize it according to your preference...

like choosing which items to be shown on tool bar etc etc.

and you are done...

Now you can drag and expand/shrink the tool bar..including the address space...

Hope it helps...

3. xprslane

xprslane

also hit F11 and see if everything comes to life up top. That is the full screen tab

4. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

If you are using IE7 just try pressing the Alt key and that should make the bar appear.

5. Jan007

Jan007 Thread Starter

In my EI 7, in "View", toolbars, I have a checkmark on Menu bar and a checkmark on Link and then there's Lock the toolbar with no checkmark............THAT IS ALL I HAVE IN THERE!!! How do I get the rest of the toolbars back?

Jan007

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/647005

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice