1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BrowserCleanser problems help

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Sheba53, Jul 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sheba53

Sheba53 Thread Starter

I hope someone can help as I have run out of options. I bought a program called "BrowserCleanser" online and then my pc got upgraded and now I can't get my program back on my pc. Yes I have sent heaps of emails to the support group at " [email protected]" but nobody will answer my emails.They told me it is a lifelong program so why can't I get it back as I own it. I have tried to get a new unlock key which you need to do with some programs but it won't let me in to get one. Help

2. Sheba53

Sheba53 Thread Starter

John I did explain in that I wasn't real good when it came to pc's,and I do know how to back up all my information before I get something done on the pc which some of it I have 3 copies just in case something goes wrong. But the problem with the BrowserCleanser program is when you buy it there is no disc you have to down load the program, but when the so called support team for the program will not answer emails I find I have to come to your forum to see if there are any suggestions here as you say you are very experienced but certainly lacking patients for us out here that are hoping you maybe able to put us learners on the right track. I hope someone can give me some advice as I don;t know where else to go.

3. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

I dont know where your program ended up when you downloaded it but first look for it in programs by clicking on start ,then all programs .....failing that click on start and do a search for it by clicking on Start/ Search/All files,then typing in browser cleanser, and see if it comes up on screen,if it does find it,then click on it and see what happens .....

What did you mean by saying your computer got upgraded?

come back and let us know what happens ....

It may well be that that tech support will eventually answer your query .....some of them are well known for taking their time in answering .....

Can I ask did you have that browsercleanser up and working after downloading it ?

PS I have to go offline for about 90 minutes soon,but after that I will be back for some hours,we wil do our best to help you get back up and working ...

4. Sheba53

Sheba53 Thread Starter

Yes I had it running very well. My pc was upgraded with bigger hard drive and more mem. Also I had to get a true version of windows xp as I found my version was not registered. But everything is running good now I really do need my BrowserCleanser program back.I will look in my backup disc again and see if I can find it again. Thank heaps for taking the time to answer me.

5. telecom69

If you do like I said and look in programs/and or search for it you will know whether its still on your computer or not ...

6. Sheba53

Sheba53 Thread Starter

I have located my Browser program and tried to open it now it wants a new key number to unlock and when I try that I get a message saying no such site or that my name does not exist?? I have sent my emails to their support 2 months ago shouldn't someone had enough time to answer me by now? I really do need my program up and running again. I don't want to have to buy another.

7. telecom69

Yes they should have answered your emails by now cannot understand why they have not as their site looks very proffesional ...I have now just emailed them outlining the problem and await a reply after getting confirmation they have received my email ...will get back in touch with you when that reply comes ....However since it is now the weekend it may take a day or two ...

Im thinking the program uses an anti-pirate measure such as Windows does,to prevent it being used other than on the computer it was bought for ...in the meantime why dont you try this very excellent cleaner which is free and Im sure does the same job,click on this site http://www.ccleaner.com/

8. Sheba53

Sheba53 Thread Starter

Thank you so much for all the help you have given me. At least I didn't lose my program like I thought. I have printed out the instruction you gaveme in case anything else goes walkabout. Thank you again telecom69.:)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!