Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Browsers closing

3K views 69 replies 5 participants last post by  Whiteskin 
#1 ·
Hey all. For some reason, I have this odd thing that happens to my browsers when I try to open some pages. When I go to a site, my browser all of a sudden closes itself. I use Mozilla and IE (Both latest versions, have also tried reinstalling them). I have no idea what it could be. I'm thinking it's not a site that has flash since I reinstalled the latest flash version and it still closes. I clean my computer periodically, and maybe I might have deleted something I'm not supposed to. (I use System Mechanic Pro, TuneUp Utilities 2003, Hi-Jack This, Ad-Aware, Spybot). I also defragged and my last resort is to reinstall the entire Windows XP Home. As I said, it only happens on certain sites that I randomly click. Also, when I go to the Housecall virus scanner, my whole window, both IE and Mozilla, just freeze up and I have to do the CTRL-ALT-DEL trick. If anyone can help me out, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

#7 ·
Alright! I went to a site and a pop-up window came up quickly and I was able to see the heading of the pop-up window. It said: Chat. Maybe it has something to do with javascript chat or something? Anyway, I got mozilla firebird now, and javascript is enabled.

#14 ·
Just out of curiosity are you running any kind of 'pop-up' stopper? This can cause problems with some websites and pages won't load properly. If you are using a pop-up stopper... try turning it off and see if the problem goes away. If this corrects the problem then you'll know what's happening the next time the problem arises. HTH

B :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.