1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Browsers keep crashing

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by bbgarnett, Mar 26, 2020.

1. bbgarnett

bbgarnett Thread Starter

Hello, my Mom has a Thinkpad T420 8 GB ram I5 and 128GB SSD. It had Windows 7 on there but I have updated it to windows 10. I tried just doing an update and not a full wipe and fresh install but it kept failing so I just ended up doing a Full wipe and fresh install. Anyways ever since it's been on windows 10 (since January) her Web browsers seem to crash a lot, both Chrome and Firefox so she'll click on them and it pops up with a crash report was sent etc etc and she is always having to do a session restore. Also it's not just the browsers as sometimes she'll go to use the computer and the screen is just blank and I need to physically restart the machine. I have also noticed that it might have gotten a little worse with the physical restarting once I gave her a monitor as I had an extra one so I gave it to her and it's hooked up through an HDMI display port adapter as the laptop only has display port . So basically monitor is blank and i'll open the computer lid and the laptop screen will be on and seems to work but I can't get the external monitor to display unless I restart and even if I disconnect and re connect the adapter the external monitor wont display until a restart. I have the laptop screen set to turn off when closed. So not sure if this is the best section to post this in or if there is a better one.

Thanks for any ideas you can provide.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Go to Control Panel > Device Manager. Find your display adapter, right click Upgrade.

See if things improve.

3. bbgarnett

bbgarnett Thread Starter

I tried upgrading but it just said for everything I have the latest drivers installed. I have also noticed that restarting the computer takes about 2-3 minutes each time. So I hit restart and the screen turns black with just the windows logo and then it just sits and spins for 2-3 minutes and then restarts. So not really sure what could be causing all these issues.

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1242122

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice