Browsers not displaying correctly

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

searose

Hello,
For a while now both Firefox and IE do not load website configurations correctly. Lots of problems with images and formatting, which makes it impossible to click on things sometimes or to navigate the website overall. I tried reinstalling Firefox, and tried IE thinking it was a Firefox problem. But instead I think it might have to do with Windows XP and a corrupt file. For a while I was getting an error message whenever I started up my computer, but it just went away on it's own for some reason. Unfortunately I don't remember what it was now. I thought of reinstalling windows but was hoping for an easier solution. I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop version 2002 Service Pack 3.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thank you....Karen
PS I am not a computer expert but somewhat tech savvy, enough to follow directions on troubleshooting.

What version of IE and Firefox are you using?
One thing to check is see if you have current version of Java installed.

searose

Hi there - thanks for responding. I thought I would get an email so didn't check here for a response.

On Firefox I have version 3.5.7 and Internet Explorer (which I never use) is version 8.0.6001.18702.

I will look at upgrading Java in the meantime and repost after if that isn't the problem.

Thanks again so much! Karen

searose

Hello again - I did upgrade Firefox to 3.6 and upgraded Java. Unfortunately that didn't work. I used Jing to capture Firefox display for tech guy and facebook websites to show a couple of examples. Below are the links for you to see the images of how the browsers aren't working correctly. I compare to my Mac so can see they are quite different. I hope this helps to show the problems I'm having. Do you think I have to reinstall Windows? As I said, back along the way I had an error message whenever I started my computer, can't remember what it was.

If you haven't heard of jing, it's a free program that allows you to capture screenshots and share them.

http://www.screencast.com/t/NTdiMjg3
http://www.screencast.com/t/ODQxYjgz

searose

Browsers not loading websites correctly-reposted Hello,

For a while now both Firefox and IE do not load website configurations correctly. Lots of problems with images and formatting, which makes it impossible to click on things sometimes or to navigate the website overall. I tried reinstalling Firefox, and tried IE thinking it was a Firefox problem. But instead I think it might have to do with Windows XP and a corrupt file. For a while I was getting an error message whenever I started up my computer, but it just went away on it's own for some reason. Unfortunately I don't remember what it was now. I thought of reinstalling windows but was hoping for an easier solution. I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop version 2002 Service Pack 3.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Someone responded before and asked about Java update. I did that but it didn't help. Also, upgraded Firefox to 3.6. I never really use IE. Also, I have used Jing to capture Firefox display for tech guy and facebook websites to show a couple of examples of what I'm talking about. Below are the links for you to see the images of how the browsers aren't working correctly. I compare to my Mac so can see they are quite different. I hope this helps to show the problems I'm having. Do you think I have to reinstall Windows? As I said, back along the way I had an error message whenever I started my computer, can't remember what it was.

If you haven't heard of jing, it's a free program that allows you to capture screenshots and share them. You view them online via a link.

http://www.screencast.com/t/NTdiMjg3
http://www.screencast.com/t/ODQxYjgz

Thank you....Karen
PS I am not a computer expert but somewhat tech savvy, enough to follow directions on troubleshooting.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online