1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Browsers not responding

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by itm, Feb 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itm

itm Thread Starter

Feb 13, 2007
    I've been having a recurring problem with browser tabs (Chrome and IE8) not responding. The typical situation is that I have a couple of tabs open (usually Gmail and Google Reader in Chrome), and when I open a page in a new tab the page renders but is completely unresponsive to mouse clicks. If I try to open the page in IE it doesn't respond at all. The existing open tabs continue to respond fine, but I can open and close new tabs/pages as much as I want and they won't respond to mouse clicks after loading.
    I managed to get some temporary relief from the problem by un-installing AVG (free edition) and replacing it with Avast (free edition), but tonight I've just had the same problem with Avast.
    I'm running Windows 7 Enterprise on a Samsung Q330 laptop - upgraded with a Crucial M4 SSD.
    Does this sort of problem sound familiar to anyone?
  2. ETech7

Aug 30, 2012
    Where did you get Enterprise edition?
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090084