Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Browsers not working

815 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  TommyG 
#1 ·
Wed. I came home and Windows had restarted itself for an update. Everything worked fine before that. After the restart everything was VERY slow, including the mouse pointer - jumped around the screen instead of moving smoothly.

I noticed Zonealarm kept giving me a message saying it was initializing, and to press cancel to shut down ZA. Whether I pressed cancel or not, the message kept appearing and going away. I noticed in task manager that vsmon.exe was at 400,000 in the process tab.

Anyways, I unistalled ZA with the help of a zip file I found in one of these forums and the computer is not slow anymore, but now none of my browsers work: google chrome, IE7, firefox, and safari.

When I first had the problem with the slow computer I did full scans with AVG, Ad Aware, and Malwarebytes- No Infections found. I was able to update these programs before but now even they can't get online for updates.

WTF? Anyone?

I have Windows Media Center Edition, Version 2002, Service Pack 3, AMD 64 Mobile tech ML-40, 2.19 GHz, 2GB RAM

Please help!

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks, but this isn't quite me. I think I saw this earlier while searching forums for help.

The thing is:
-I don't have Vista
-ZoneAlarm is gone - I uninstalled it
-Browsers don't work even for a little bit -this person says it works for a short period of time and then stop responding. Mine will open but don't display any web pages.
-Restarting doesn't fix anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.