1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Browsers only issue. . .

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Sycrido, Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sycrido

Sycrido Thread Starter

Hiya guys,

I'm in need of some assistance with my wife’s internet usage, yep, I've been called upon as a husband.

So the issue is that she's capable of using the internet, and can knows what she's doing, so it's not her fault directly, I have to get that out of the way, as many people think that some of us are incompetent at using computers.

Case and point: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcN08Tg3PWw

Although we're not that old.. in our 20s. Anyway no matter what internet browser she uses, the internet completely dies in her browsers, it's random and stays this way for a long time. It can happen as soon as her computer is on, or 4 hours after it is turned on. We've tested different browsers, same issue. She's using Google chrome mainly. Initial thoughts made me think the router, so I removed the MAC filter, and only set WPA2 encryption. Issue remained. I should also mention that we have another 3 notepads which are having no issues with the router or modem and have uninterrupted internet access.

I then went on to pathping Google and such, and had no issues. This was whilst she had no browsers working. I concluded, virus or trojan... downloaded Ccleaner, which got rid of a lot of crap in her browsers, issue remained. I then tried malwarebytes, issue remained. Performed a system restore, issue remained. I then installed zonealarm as a firewall, to hopefully stop anything from accessing the internet without us knowing. Still no luck.

I even closed everything, in her windows task manager that I assessed as not required. I'm baffled by this one. Can anyone offer some help. I changed the start up programs, to as few programs as possible.

I'm really not sure what to do with this one... any help is appreciated. Sidenote, if this is in the wrong forum, sorry, please move to the relevant forum.

Regards,
    Sycrido

2. Sycrido

Sycrido Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027212

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice