1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Browsers Stalling, Comp Won't Restart/Turn Off, etc.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Rozmere, Dec 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rozmere

Rozmere Thread Starter

Ok I have no idea what is going on with this computer and I am very very tired of trying to figure it out.

I've the following programs and have used them often: CCleaner, IOBIT (Advanced Care, Smart Defrag, etc), Microsoft Security Essentials, UnLocker, SuperAntiSpyware

I have the following browsers IE, Firefox, Chrome, Opera

When using a browser (pick one) it....."stalls" I guess is what you call it, it just won't go to a page, always looks like it's loading, etc. I close it and when I try to reopen it says that the browser is still running and can't open another. When browsing I also can not play games like on I-Am-Bored.com, I can't get drop down menus to work, etc. After this, I also can not get the computer to shut down or restart (have to press the power button) and occassionally it gives me a pop up error about NsAppShell:Event something.

Please help me solve this problem once and for all.

I have tried uninstalling browsers and reinstalling.

Thank you in advance!

^Sorry about that post being so sloppy, I posted this about 3 minutes before my workplace closed and my boss was in a hurry to get everyone out and lock the doors. This problem is on my computer at work.

2. TekTime

TekTime

Can you post the full error that it's giving you?

I found that Firefox's add-ons can be causing the issues you're experiencing, but I'm not sure if that's the case with your PC...

Try booting into "Safe Mode With Networking" to see if the problem persists.

3. Rozmere

Rozmere Thread Starter

Ok well we're going to look at the FireFox browser for this example (because Firefox is my preferred browser). So here is what happens:

I am using Firefox, checking email and some other sites seems to be fine, but then if I go to a site like I-Am_Bored.com for example and try to click on a game to play (this far from the only example but it's the best I can provide at the moment) Firefox will look like it's hung up trying to get to the page "waiting". It will never get there so I close Firefox and try to reopen it and I get this error:

FireFox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing FireFox process, or restart your system.

So I try to end the program through the task manager and wait and wait and wait, it NEVER ends, even if I try once every hour for at least 5 hours.

So I try to restart or turn off my computer so that I can restart and be able to use one of my browsers again and I get this error:

End Program NsAppShell:Event Window
    This program is not responding. To return to Windows and check the status of the program, click cancel. If you choose to end the program immediately you will lose any unsaved data. To end the program now, click end now.

Every once in a while if I wait long enough the computer will shut down after this but not usually. So I have to hit the reset button on the computer case.

4. Rozmere

Rozmere Thread Starter

So no one can help with this? Any ideas at all? I've found one suggestion online but it only had to do with Firefox's "Parent" file and that was of no use/did not help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030376

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice