1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Browsers Suddenly Not Working

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by GoldMan27, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoldMan27

GoldMan27 Thread Starter

Hi guys,

It seems I have a recent issue of sorts. So a few days ago my Chrome browser stopped working. It keeps coming up with this "Aw, Snap!" error on every page. I do not know what the issue is for this. I tried Internet Explorer, and it crashes when I try to load anything but Google. Same result with Firefox and Opera. Safari seems to be the only browser unaffected, but I don't know what's causing all of these browsers to fail like this!

I've done a System Scan with my antivirus, and no malware/intrusions have been detected. Could you guys help me with this? I currently run an HP laptop, Windows 8, with an AMD A10-5745M APU with 8610G graphics, 8GB DDR3 RAM, and a 750GB HDD.

2. vembutech

vembutech Banned

Hi,

I suggest you clear DNS cache.

Try clearing your DNS cache

Open an advanced command prompt

Start> In search box type cmd> Right click on cmd.exe in results above and choose Run as administrator

Type in the following, followed by enter for each

ipconfig /flushdns

Enter

ipconfig /release

Enter

ipconfig /renew

Enter

See if that helps.

If not, try the IE 64 bit and see if that works fine

Start> All Programs> Internet Explorer (64 bit)

If the 64 bit works, then try this

Start> In search box type cmd> Right click on cmd.exe in results above and choose Run as administrator

Type in the following, followed by enter

netsh winsock reset

Enter

Restart PC.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1144703

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice