1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Browsers ??

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by joe2cool, Jan 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. joe2cool

joe2cool Thread Starter

Hi ! Just wondering about trying a new browser other than IE ? Any suggestions ? & why? :)

Just wondered what other's preferred?

Would all my IE details stay in tact ?

Any help is appreciated

THX !

2. Huon

Huon

I am a bit of a browser junkie. I use IE6 mostly, and my second most used one is Opera. I love the Stop pop-up functionality.
    I also fiddle with Netscape 7 and Mozilla occassionally. They all coexist quite happily. I also have an older Netscape installed for one particular software application that uses it.
    None of the others touch the IE details.

3. joe2cool

joe2cool Thread Starter

Hi Huen appreciate your input, so if I was to try Netscape you can install email details without affecting IE in anyway

So you'd choose IE6 at the moment? I tried this when it first came out didn't appear to work well with WinME !;)

Do you have the paid version of Opera ?

:cool:

4. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

Netscape 7 for me. I switched over to it some 2 months back from IE6. Tabbed windows is extremely convenient. In one window, I open my Hotmail account and in the other open my Yahoo account.

Then while opening all the mails, I right click and select open in New Tab. That way all my hotmail mails are together and don't have to search in plethora of open windows. It also keeps my taskbar empty and mangeable.

I also apply that same thing while browsing TSG Forums.

Netscape 6 was a pain, but 7 is just too good. Although for e-mail nothing as of now can beat Outlook Express.

NS7 can do everything that IE6 can and can also do some things more. :D

5. joe2cool

joe2cool Thread Starter

Cheers !! Abvaguser

;)

6. kramnnim

kramnnim

I'm using an IE based program called "Crazybrowser", it works pretty good...I use Mozilla sometimes, but I guess I'm just not used to it.

7. Huon

Huon

I use the free version of Opera joe2cool, It has some ads, but not too intrusive, and they allow you to set the type of ads that interest you! Most of the other clients will ask if you want to make them the default browser/mail client. You just say no.

8. pyritechips

pyritechips Gone but Never Forgotten

First Name:
    Jim
    Hi Joe!

I have used Crazy browser also. It is actually a plug-in style browser that runs off the IE software, but is actually faster. It has popup stopper and a great tab system where you can load multiple sites and have them all at the click of the tab. I highly recommend it.

9. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

I have used IE (4, 5, 5.5 and 6), Opera, Neoplanet (5, 5.1), Mozilla (1.1, I guess) and Netscape (4.75, 4.76, 6 and 7).

But so far I have found that Netscape 7 is the best of the lot. May be if more and more people will say this, Micro$oft will feel the pinch and come up with IE 7 which may beat all!!

Lets wait for that day. :D

But till than from me, its thumbs up to Netscape 7. :p

10. joe2cool

joe2cool Thread Starter

Thx ! Guys appreciate all your comments

Take Care !! ;)

11. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

You are welcome joe2cool!! :)

12. $teve

$teve

joe, if youve never used opera,you will like it.
    ive been using it since version 3.5........about 4 years.
    and like huon stated,the adds are no big deal and the latest version is is the best lookin one so far.
    fast and light too;)

13. joe2cool

joe2cool Thread Starter

Hi $teve ......so if wanted is email easy to tranfer from O/L ?

Any disadvantages from the paid version ?

;)

14. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

Just one shortcoming that I must mention about Netscape 7, although its not a major one and can't actually be a shortcoming of NS7.

I use GetRight as my download manager. It is not capable of getting hold of clicks directly from this version of Netscape. So everytime there is something that I want to download through GetRight, I have to open that page through IE.

Not a major problem by any means. But since I have been blowing my trumpet too much in favour of Netscape, I wanted to mention this as well. :D

15. joe2cool

joe2cool Thread Starter

Cheers again 'A' !!

Take Care :)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114253

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice