BrowseUI.DLL

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
when you get into the dos/command prompt :> please type the following:

scanreg /fix

.........then hit the Enter key

please note the space after scanreg

if you are unable to get these commands to work then the problem goes further than the initial problem you encountered and you may have to back track a little to trace what you have done. I take it you cannot get command prompt to function from Win Me start up/boot disk.

Do you have the original Win ME cd ?

If so it may be worth installing it again. It should not write over the software you have installed but replace the files.

Drew88

I don't have the Win ME CD. I have restore disk with factory restore option.

I just cant get my CPU to read it.

OK - the factory restore function is on your hard drive and obviously you cannot get that far to get it to run because you cant get into windows proper. Do you have a boot disk ? (you should have !)

If so, can you boot the machine from that ?

Drew88

Yeah, I have pretty much tried everything though. Since I dont have a Windows CD, I am outta luck.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts