Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Browsing Problem

1K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  kaone 
#1 ·
Ok, I have a wireless router & server in my house which 3 computers use for the internet/printer. Recently we had a problem with the connection and our ISP came out and repaired the signal, which is now fine,

However, on my laptop, I am having problems viewing webpages. I know the connection is ok because the other computers are working fine, but the laptop gives me a "This Page Cannot Be Displayed" message in IE. I can however, connect to MSN Messenger, Poker programs etc. As far as I can tell it only won't allow to access http.

I have no knowledge of networking, TCP/IP, etc and so I'm completely lost as to what I should do, so I hoped maybe someone here could shed some light.

Thank You

#2 ·
In IE, click on Tools> Internet Options> on the General tab, click to Delete Cookies, Delete Files, and Clear History. On the Content tab> AutoComplete button> click to Clear Forms and Clear Passwords. Then click OK, Apply and OK. Close IE and then try the sites again.

#3 ·
nope, that didnt work.
I know the guys who were fixing the server did something with the IP address, would that have anything to do with it? As I said, I have no idea about these things, just seems to make sense that maybe the IPs are out of sync or something...

#6 ·
ok, Im not at home anymore, I've moved back into my flat but the same thing is happening.
As a result, its obviously not a problem with my home network, as the exact same thing happens on this wireless network, it has to be a problem with my laptops settings.

I went through the entire XP troubleshooter but none of the solutions made any difference. Could some please try to help?

#7 ·
Ive noticed that in my Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties, everything is set to be done automatically eg. Obtain an IP address automatically, Obtain DNS server address automatically & Automatic private IP address. Is this right?

All of the forms for user configured are blank, I was wondering, is there a default Ip, Default Gateway, DNS number etc that should be entered?

Please help me someone, this is becoming a massive problem for me, and I don't want to have to bring it in to a maintenance place if it's only a simple solution (I'm a student, and therefore, broke).

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.