1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD 0x0000007b (0xf78ca524)

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ZenMatter, Dec 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZenMatter

ZenMatter Thread Starter

I work in an enterprise environment and have come across three different machines in the last few weeks with this BSOD error (0x0000007b; 0xf78ca524...)

One on a desktop (hp/compaq dc7100, 60GB sata drive, 2GB RAM, XP sp2) another on a laptop (hp/compaq 6910p, 80GB sata drive, 2GB RAM, XP sp2).

Drives are encrypted with SafeBoot 4.2 and repairing the installation is not an option. I can boot to a pre-windows environment and copy files from the drive. However, I can't boot to windows either regular or Safe Mode. Error comes up both times. I've run checkdisk which didn't find any errors.

I'm just wondering if there are any other options beyond building a new drive. My search results came up with virus, driver, and drive controller for possible causes. The drives have been in the system for at least a year, no new drive or driver so my only thought is virus but I'm not even sure which one or how to scan outside of windows (limited tools available).

This is just a last gasp, reaching for straws, shot in the dark to see if anyone has any brilliant insights (or humorous comments). Thanks...:confused:

2. noodles71

noodles71

its your SATA driver.what motherboard are you running?

3. ZenMatter

ZenMatter Thread Starter

Good question. I haven't cracked them open. I'll look up the specs on hp's site. My question is; once I find the right SATA drivers how do I get them in the system so they are used instead of the 'bad' ones?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/887363

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice