1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD 0x0000007B

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by IamCary, Sep 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IamCary

IamCary Thread Starter

Hi, OK, I guess I should have waited for an answer to my MBR question of a few hours back. I didn't and instead after doing some searching here decided to download MBRFix.

I ran it on a spare computer with the failing (but still booting) HD in a USB enclosure and copied the MBR. I then swapped in the original non-booting Vista (which the failing HD was an image of) and used MBRFix to restore the MBR. Now I get the BSOD.

I really do not want to have to do a clean install as I have been remiss with backing up.

The joke is the BSOD says,
    "Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption"
    "STOP: 0x0000007B (0x80E03BA0,0xC0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000"

How can I run chkdsk if I can't get to the command prompt?

Can anyone please assist on where to go from here?

Thanks

2. Megabite

Megabite

Do you have the Vista Operating Disc?

3. IamCary

IamCary Thread Starter

Thanks for the quick reply,

No, this only has the hidden PQSERVICE partition for eRecovery. Which, I did some reading on and found I get some options, so i thought I would have a look see, but...

I did the Alt+F10 and it goes to

Pre-Boot execution environment (PXE) 2.1
    PXE-E61: Media test failure. Check cable <-- It's a laptop and there is no cable :)
    PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM
    Operating system not found.

So it looks like I can't even do a clean install if I wanted to.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/948931

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice