Bsod 0x0000032

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Hookstar7

Good morning my friends,

Trying to repair a PC for a friend but have come up against the above number?

Unmountable boot volume. 0x0000032

I have tried taking all the components out and resating them, tried inserting the XP Pro disk for a repair, but it still wont get past the blue screen, if anybody has any advice it would be muchly recieved.

Many thanks

T

Hi!

So you can't get to the recovery console? If you can, first run chkdsk /r, if it doesn't correct it try the fixmbr and fixboot commands.:)

It will probably help to change the boot sequence in BIOS so that it boots from the CD-ROM first.

Hookstar7

Thanks for the replys..I have taken a picture of the offending screen, also that is far as it will let me go, I have tried the bios start up from CD etc,

Edited to say it wont let me go into safe made?

If the BIOS is configured correctly and you can't even get to the recovery console from the CD, you don't have much of a choice except to replace the drive.

If you have an F12 boot menu with IDE options, try that also.

To recover data you would either need to try booting the drive as a slave on another NTFS system, or try reading it through an IDE to USB drive converter -- or possibly create a boot disk which run the OS in ram as a 'virtual drive' >>

http://www.ubcd4win.com/

or possibly >

http://www.puppylinux.com/

Hookstar7

Well guys,, looks like the hard drive is knackered :mad: I have tried everything.. just wont budge from that screen.
Many thanks for the input.

T

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online