1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bsod 0x0000032

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Hookstar7, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Hookstar7

Hookstar7 Thread Starter

Good morning my friends,

Trying to repair a PC for a friend but have come up against the above number?

Unmountable boot volume. 0x0000032

I have tried taking all the components out and resating them, tried inserting the XP Pro disk for a repair, but it still wont get past the blue screen, if anybody has any advice it would be muchly recieved.

Many thanks

T

2. zabusant

zabusant

Hi!

So you can't get to the recovery console? If you can, first run chkdsk /r, if it doesn't correct it try the fixmbr and fixboot commands.:)

It will probably help to change the boot sequence in BIOS so that it boots from the CD-ROM first.

3. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

4. Hookstar7

Hookstar7 Thread Starter

Thanks for the replys..I have taken a picture of the offending screen, also that is far as it will let me go, I have tried the bios start up from CD etc,

Edited to say it wont let me go into safe made?

[​IMG]

5. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

If the BIOS is configured correctly and you can't even get to the recovery console from the CD, you don't have much of a choice except to replace the drive.

If you have an F12 boot menu with IDE options, try that also.

To recover data you would either need to try booting the drive as a slave on another NTFS system, or try reading it through an IDE to USB drive converter -- or possibly create a boot disk which run the OS in ram as a 'virtual drive' >>

http://www.ubcd4win.com/

or possibly >

http://www.puppylinux.com/

6. Hookstar7

Hookstar7 Thread Starter

Well guys,, looks like the hard drive is knackered :mad: I have tried everything.. just wont budge from that screen.
    Many thanks for the input.

T

7. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

You're welcome for the efforts, and good luck with the rest.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/701842

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice