1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD 0x00000ED

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by BSODz, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BSODz

BSODz Thread Starter

So I know a little bit about computers, my friend said his computer was slow starting up so I offered to help,
    start/run, msconfig, all I did was disable some basic startup programs like quicktime, itunes, msn, etc,
    restart the computer tap F8 open safe mode,
    and bam i get the BSOD 0x000000ED UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME.

My heart sank and I was afraid to tell me friend, In the end he let me take it home to fix it, I'm STUCK and need help ASAP, its running windows vista (business)? not too sure,
    anyways I booted from a vista CD to do the repair, but when it gives me the option to select partition? or OS? theres nothing there, so i cant select them to repair the computer to a previous time, I also tried using the cmdprompt to do chkdsk /f /r but that doesnt work (forgot what it says, ill take a look again sometime soon).
    So now I'm pretty much out of idea's and screwed if i don't get it fixed, PLEASE anyone help, my only other idea i have right now is i think the vista cd i used was home, would i need a business vista cd to try the repair?
    thankyou!

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

It's a hard drive issue and it sounds like it is not even being seen if you cannot run chkdsk /r

If you open the BIOS settings do you see it detected there? What if you try an auto-detect?

You might try reseating the cables for the drive and retest. But it sounds like it is going to have to be replaced.

If the drive is being seen and you can get to the bootrec.exe command line, try "fixboot" and "fixmbr" >>

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927392

3. BSODz

BSODz Thread Starter

Yes I will try that, but I think the hard drive is being seen because after the BIOS screen you can select to start windows
    normally and it goes to the windows loading screen then after that the BSOD comes up, so that means it can see the harddrive?

4. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Yes it should.

Give the fixboot and fixmbr repairs a shot.

If you have tried chkdsk -- report on any error messages; the whole issue from the "slow booting" sounds like a drive corruption or cabling issue.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919091

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice