1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD 0xC000021A Fatal Error

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by gpjacks, Oct 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gpjacks

gpjacks Thread Starter

Hello all, Im new here an need some help. I am trying to fix a friends Dell Dimension 8300. It was filled with tons of viruses. I got most of them, but after a restart I keep getting the BSOD error 0xC000021A followed by Cx0000034. I can't boot into any of the options when I press F8. I still get the message regardless. His CD drive doesn't work, so I cant boot from a disk. I removed the HD and put it in an enclosure and hooked it up to my computer to try and diagnose the problem from my computer. Is there anyone that can help me:confused: Can I replace files on his HD from my Windows XP Home Edition SP2 that will make it work again?? (He is running XP home SP2). I have not added any hardware or Ram. Just Windows live onecare to remove the viruses. Thanks in advance for whoever replies! (y)

And yes, I have search all the knowledge bases and this forum and nothing has worked so far.

2. gpjacks

gpjacks Thread Starter

For anyone who has or will have the same problem. Here is what I did.

I opened up the tower for the Dell 8300 and took out the HD and the CD drive. (the CD drive didnt have the right drivers and can't find them, but it ran).

I plugged the IDE cable (master) into the CD drive and power cable.

Then I plugged the Slave end of the IDE cable into the HD.

Under settings (F2) I changed all the settings to "Auto" under the drive configuration settings. And changed the boot order to boot from the CD drive.

Then I inserted the Win XP CD into the drive, and rebooted.

Then I pressed "R" after the Win XP CD loaded all the files. The "R" is the repair Win XP installation. Everything loaded onto the HD without any data loss! The computer finally boots up now. Now I just have to put it back together LOL.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/634036

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice