1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD (2 different blue screens)

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by RobMM3, Jun 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RobMM3

RobMM3 Thread Starter

Hello,
    I'm having 2 different BSOD that seem to casually occur during my time on the pc. One is system_service_exception and the other one is irql_not_less_or_equal.

It only happens when I play gta5 or use adobe premiere.

I tried uninstalling malwarebytes; use some commands on cmd (scannow and restore health but no integrity issues were found, also check disk); I tried running some stress tests for my hardware and no problems were found there so I guess it's my software; I've updated my drivers.

I still didn't try restoring windows deleting all my files, I would like to determine if it's possible to solve the issue without doing that.

I don't have any dump files cause everytime the bsod happens it remains at 0%.

I don't have defrag programs or ccleaner and stuff like that, I only have kaspersky (which I recently installed, the bsod were happening way before that).

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

3. RobMM3

RobMM3 Thread Starter

only had malwarebytes premium before that.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 12
    Processor Count: 16
    RAM: 32686 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, -1 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 930 GB (832 GB Free); D: 1863 GB (1086 GB Free); E: 1862 GB (1010 GB Free); G: 931 GB (120 GB Free); H: 1863 GB (37 GB Free);
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

4. Macboatmaster

What is the drive lettered H with only 37GB of free space

5. RobMM3

RobMM3 Thread Starter

that's my external hard drive, i can remove it, it's plugged now

6. Macboatmaster

What is on the drive please - data in use or backups only

7. Macboatmaster

Do you have this driver installed
    http://uk.download.nvidia.com/Windows/430.86/430.86-win10-win8-win7-release-notes.pdf

I noticed that it has fixed the crash issue in Adobe Premier
    Whether your crash is caused by another driver you have for the 2080, I have no way of knowing until we can get a dump when I can then analyse it for you.
    If you do not have that driver I recommend you install it.

I do notice that the driver has a possibility of screen flickering on GTA

I am signing off now I am in UK
    I will check when I return Sunday evening and if you have replied and still need help we will look at your dump settings to see if we can ensure we have a dump next time it blue screens

8. RobMM3

RobMM3 Thread Starter

so the last bsod I got was a irql not less or equal, I checked my drivers and I've updated the ethernet driver and the monitor driver.
    The driver you have linked is the same I have installed now (the most recent one I presume).

I'm willing to check the dump settings so that if a bsod happens again we have the dump file.

The H drive is being used only as backup, I don't use the files in there.

Cheers and thanks

PS: The bsods have been happening for quite some time now, and during this time nvidia has released numerous drivers, so I don't know if the driver is the issue here. With each updated driver the bsod continued to happen so it seems it's unrelated to that but what do I know.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  9. Macboatmaster

1. Re GTA5 on that driver I do not know if you have read the notes I sent from Nvidia

Check if it is any different when using FXAA

2. Re Adobe Premier again on the notes it says
    FIXED issues
    Is Adobe Premier up to date

3. I have a suspicion that the cause may not in fact be the Nvidia driver or indeed the Adobe itself
    I suspect it may be Kaspersky and was Malwarebytes when you were running
    Can you reinstall Kaspersky if you uninstall it and it proves not to be the problem

If so I recommend you do the following
    1. Run Malwarebytes clean to get rid of anything left from that installation
    https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-2674

Not of course after removal continuing to reinstall

2. Uninstall Kaspersky from settings
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4028054/windows-10-repair-or-remove-programs

Shut down on full shutdown
    that is
    Open Start menu, select Power button.

Step 2: Press and hold the Shift key on keyboard, while clicking on Shut down, and then release the Shift key to perform a full shutdown.

Then run the Kaspersky tool
    CAUTION
    License information. Make sure you have the activation code or license key saved before using the tool. We recommend connecting the application to your My Kaspersky account, where your license information will be saved. See this article for instructions.

https://support.kaspersky.com/common/uninstall/1464#block2

then reboot again, check that Windows Defender is activated and running, it should do that automatically

TEST to see if it still crashes

If I am wrong you can of course reinstall Kaspersky

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  10. RobMM3

RobMM3 Thread Starter

1) Gta 5 doesn't show any flickering or any other graphic issue.
    2) My adobe program is up to date.
    3) I've uninstalled malwarebytes like you have stated.
    4) I've also created a My Kaspersky account and checked that it has the license key saved in there. Is that sufficient to avoid to have to purchase a new key if I uninstall Kaspersky?
    5) final question before I uninstall Kaspersky: since I won't have any antivirus on my system should I take some precautions when using the web to avoid to be infected with a virus? I believe Windows Defender is not that efficient.
    6) If indeed Kaspersky is the culprit, then which antivirus program should I install?

11. Macboatmaster

Windows Defender is OK sufficient and its most advantageous point is that is 100% compatible with 10 100% of the time
    There was a lot of publicity most of it incorrect about the inefficiencies of Defender
    It now ranks highly as you can see here
    https://www.av-test.org/en/antiviru...-2019/microsoft-windows-defender-4.18-191415/

Re
    Well it says so on their website, but I could not provide a 100% guarantee to you

12. RobMM3

RobMM3 Thread Starter

Ok I will uninstall kaspersky if i get another bsod, then report back.
    Btw, you were talking about dump file settings, is there a way to have a dump file next time bsod happens (if ever)?

13. Macboatmaster

Cheers let me know as you said and if it is not that we can look at dump setting

14. RobMM3

RobMM3 Thread Starter

i got another bsod, this is the first time this error occurs, it happened while I was playing GTA V:
    Non-paged (NONPAGED) area

15. RobMM3

RobMM3 Thread Starter

I've uninstalled Kaspersky also. Gonna see if that solves this.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1229324

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice