1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD after changing maximum capacity of RAM

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Heffs, Apr 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heffs

Heffs Thread Starter

So, I was going through my settings on my computer and realized that I was only using 8GB of ram when I actually have 24GB. So I changed the maximum capacity of ram on my computer through the settings to 24 and a few seconds later my computer blue screens. I than try to troubleshoot it for about an hour but nothing happens. Now my monitors are on but not displaying anything and my keyboard and mouse are also not working, seems like all the USB’s aren’t working. I don’t know what to do please help.

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    If your computer is a factory-brand one, what is its brand name and model name and model number?
    If your computer is a self-built one, what is the brand name and model number of its motherboard?

How exactly did you change the maximum capacity from 8 GB to 24 GB?
    Did you by any chance go into the System Configuration window, then into the Boot tab, then into the Advanced options section, then put a checkmark in Maximum memory:, then enter the number 24, then apply the setting change?

----------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!