BSOD after messing with ram

DanyB

Hi, today i had a problem with my pc, i called my tech guy and he told me to try removing my ram sticks 1 at a time to see if one was faulty. Soon as i removed the first one, my computer would boot up only to bring me at a bsod CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. I moved them all around, without success, to finally put them back exactly the way they were, except it still brings me to that bsod.
Sfc scan can't be completed, i can't do system restore, safe mode brings me to same bsod, i can't Reset this pc... I'm really lost, would appreciate any help

Last edited:

blues_harp28

Hi, what problem were you first having before you removed ram sticks?
How are you able to run system file checker if the pc will not start up, even in safe mode?
Have you tried using one stick of ram at a time - in indifferent slots.?
What is the make and model number of your pc?

crjdriver

First of all, you are posting in a hardware forum and no one [other than you] has any idea what hardware you are running. Post ALL of your exact system specs; ie exact motherboard, exact pw supply, exact video card, etc, etc. Do not post "500W pw supply" Post the exact brand and model# Do that for ALL of your parts.

If this is a big box system ie dell, hp, whatever, post the exact brand, model# and service tag# If you are able to run the system, this link will help with most however not all specs;

https://static.techguy.org/download/tsginfo.exe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online