1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD after system defragmenter virus.

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by noteasy, Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noteasy

noteasy Thread Starter

Hey,

if anyone is able to help i will be quite grateful. i seem to have gotten quite the lethal dose. My netbook has gotten the system defragmenter virus, which i have gotten rid of on a friends computer (using rkill then malwarebytes). so that not the big problem. what IS, is that after re-starting my computer i got the BSOD. i have tried several hundred times (sadly, that is a true figure) to start both normally or in safe mode with each ending in the BSOD. i have tried to boot froom cd using an external USB disk drive, but the option is not available in the BIOS menu (possibly due to the fact that my pc was not manufactured with a cd drive?) anyhow, ive hit a dead end, and if anyone is willing to help it would be great.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972532

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice