1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD all the time

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Brown-Eye, Apr 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brown-Eye

Brown-Eye Thread Starter

I'm getting the BSOD all the time now, and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for me. I've read through the forums, but haven't found a solution yet. I just got all new parts for comp. Started restarting all the time, most of the time while gaming, so I reinstalled and everyting worked good for about 2 weeks. Now it's back again doing it.

Most of the time its the nv4disp.dll error, but I've had a couple of win2k.sys, tcpip.ese, irq_not_less_than_or_equal, page faulted in something or other. Seems pretty random, but most errors seem to point to nv4disp.dll. I've tried different vid drivers, but get same results.

amd 2500+
    gigabyte k7triton nforce2 chipset (latest drivers, tried old and new)
    gforce fx 5600 256mb (latest drivers, tried old and new)
    2 samsung 512 3200 in dual channel.

Heat's not an issue, its always pretty cool. I've tried running in single channel mode, tried using just 1 stick of ram using both sticks. Nothing seems to help. Tried changing fsb to 400 to match mem, still no luck. My friend bought all the same stuff, just different brand of mem, and has no problem. Do U think I should mess with my mem timings, or could I just have a bad vid card?

In my event viewer, the only errors that I'm seeing have to do with the DCOM. No idea what that is, or if the time corrilates with the crashes.

Any help is appreciated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/220160

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice