1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD and an error about NDIS.sys

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by F1Technology, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. F1Technology

F1Technology Thread Starter

Hi all!

First post here n im drastically in need of help. I've already done a lil digging around and tried different things but i still cant get rid of it.

Im in australia and a lot of people are buying the wireless broadband packs from telstra. I install it and everything goes fine, but as soon as you start the registration process i get the bsod with this error:

STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000006, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xF73E7BBE)

NDIS,sys - Address F73E7BBE base at F73C5000, DateStamp 41107EC3

From what i gather its got to do with the drivers and the IRQ service. This wireless card uses the PCI slot in the side of the laptop. Its a compaq Presario 900.

I've tried uninstalling the port drivers, installed older ones and newer ones, other network cards but i dont get anything.

One thing of note was the wireless networking DLink card i put in did not pickup the router in the room... i tried a netgear one but the same thing happened. It could see the network but just couldnt connect to it. Just get a msg saying its connecting then it disappears with the entire "available networks" list.

Shoopid XP... ACPI crap

Im thinking it could be hardware related rather then driver related but plz, will appreciate any help anyone can give me.

thanks guys!

2. F1Technology

F1Technology Thread Starter

Anyone?

I've already prepared the customer as to the possibility of a replacement HDD and a fresh copy of XP, but i dont really want to do it unless i have to.

Can anyone help?

3. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Hard to give you much advice -- ndis.sys is definitely network related.

Could be a hardware or driver issue associated with the networking card.

In some cases it can also be caused by 3rd party firewall issues.

Try connecting directly to the modem and not using a router.

Remove any 3rd party firewall for now and just run with the built-in XP firewall.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!