1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD And Windows 7

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jo15765, Nov 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jo15765

jo15765 Thread Starter

I posted earlier, thinking my problem was specific to DVDFab and only to find out that it wasn't. I have a Toshiba Satelliate P755-S5320 and the DVD Drive is Optiarc DVD RW AD-7710H and I have the most updated driver for my dvd drive. When trying to burn a cd or dvd the computer is able to read/rip the media totally fine, but trying to "flip the switch" to write, causes the BSOD and whoCrashed shows these two files as the culprite EVERY time (it's happened probably 30 times)

ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe

Also the spescific message that the BSOD gave was "Driver_IRQL_NotLess_Or_Equal"

I've run MemTest+ and the RAM tests fine(I let the Test do 8 passes and run for over 9 hours). Can someone shed some light on where I should begin checking?

2. jo15765

jo15765 Thread Starter

I can post dump files if that would help someone diagnose.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027887

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice