1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD at Startup, even in Safe Mode

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by TArzate5, Mar 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TArzate5

TArzate5 Thread Starter

I have an HP Probook 4510s, and whenever I start Windows normally or in Safe Mode with Networking, I will receive a BSOD after ~2 seconds at the login screen.

The BSOD says DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, and under technical information it says:

*** STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000004, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x8B459A0C)
    *** ndis.sys - Address 8B459A0c base at 8B422000, DateStamp 5a499063

Whenever I start my computer in Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Command Prompt, while loading Windows files it will freeze at \Windows\system32\drivers\aswbidshx.sys, and stay there for a few hours. Afterwards, I will get the same BSOD as I did before. However, I was able to use Safe Mode up until today, when all of a sudden I started getting BSODs while trying to start it up.

At this point, I'm desperate, and will try basically anything. My computer has been getting these errors for months now, and I have tried almost every solution on the Internet. I'm hoping I can find some help here.

2. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

3. TArzate5

TArzate5 Thread Starter

I'm pretty sure my Windows 7 disc is still at my grandparents', as they were the ones who first installed it on the laptop. Next time I'm there, I'll ask if they still have it, and try Startup Repair.

4. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

When it freezes at aswbidshx.sys - which is Avast - it is NOT that driver that is the problem, but the one before
    However with that and the other error and now the inability to boot to Safe Mode I suspect, as the first choice the disc - eg the drive C:\

You say you have tried almost every solution, so to prevent the risk of your time and mine being wasted by me typing a possible suggestion - only for you to reply - tried it.
    List what you have tried please

NDIS is the network drivers

As I said as a first approach try a chkdsk /r on the drive that will require you boot from either install CD or a windows 7 repair disc
    The repair disc can be made on another windows 7 computer. It does not matter which edition of 7, but it must be the same bit version eg 32 or 64bit

Alternatively boot the computer from a Seatools bootable USB
    https://www.seagate.com/gb/en/support/kb/how-to-use-seatools-bootable-007843en/

and downloaded from here
    https://www.seagate.com/gb/en/support/downloads/seatools/#downloads

It will check any make of drive but will only fix errors on Seagate etc drives
    Use the Short Test
    CAUTION make sure you do not click Erase of course

You may if you cannot for some reason boot from usb use the legacy dos on an ISO and CD
    https://www.seagate.com/gb/en/support/downloads/seatools/seatools-legacy-support-master/

5. TArzate5

TArzate5 Thread Starter

I've been trying at fixing this for a while, so I can't remember everything, but the solutions I can recall include running the diagnostics in both my laptop and in Windows, uninstalling the latest update, checking for new updates, and (attempting) to update my drivers. I'm going to try repairing from the disc, which I haven't done yet since I haven't been to my grandparents' lately (who have the disc), and if that doesn't work I'll try out the Seatools USB. Thanks!

6. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Cheers
    When you reply next please type in box that appears AFTER the last post, not by clicking reply on the last post, that as you can see quotes back all that has been typed.

If the original installation disc is NOT SP1 it will not repair your 7.
    However there will still be other options from the disc.

It is IMHO pointless trying a repair until you have established if the drive is failing, as if it is the repair will also fail

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1224852

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice