1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD(Blue Screen Of Death) Errors

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by paradox365, Nov 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paradox365

paradox365 Thread Starter

I have AMD Athlon(TM) XP 1700+ 1.47 Ghz, with 256mb, with
    Windows XP Pro loaded as an os. The problem I keep having is from time to time my pc crashes and gives me a blue screen with than error message stating that windows has detected an error and will shutdown. It proceeds to shutdown after 30 seconds and then starts back up. when I boot back up to the desktop I have microsofts error report screen shows up and the details of the error report are

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump
    \Minidump\Mini111203-01.dmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\JONESE~1\LOCALS~1\
    TEMP\WER1.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

So ....it doesn't seem like it affects anything but I am tired of it just crashing. It does it probably once every week. I tried the registry but nothing jumped out at me.

Device manager also shows no conflicts.

2. TheDJK

TheDJK

Just a thought... Have you noticed whether the system crashes ON THE SAME DAY once a week, or at the same time of day? If so, there may be some background app that's causing the error. Check Task Manager, anti-virus, etc. for any timed tasks.

3. paradox365

paradox365 Thread Starter

It crashes once every week.....I will try to check
    task manager and see what that gives me.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/179039

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice