BSOD(Blue Screen Of Death) Errors

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

paradox365

I have AMD Athlon(TM) XP 1700+ 1.47 Ghz, with 256mb, with
Windows XP Pro loaded as an os. The problem I keep having is from time to time my pc crashes and gives me a blue screen with than error message stating that windows has detected an error and will shutdown. It proceeds to shutdown after 30 seconds and then starts back up. when I boot back up to the desktop I have microsofts error report screen shows up and the details of the error report are

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump
\Minidump\Mini111203-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\JONESE~1\LOCALS~1\
TEMP\WER1.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

So ....it doesn't seem like it affects anything but I am tired of it just crashing. It does it probably once every week. I tried the registry but nothing jumped out at me.

Device manager also shows no conflicts.

Just a thought... Have you noticed whether the system crashes ON THE SAME DAY once a week, or at the same time of day? If so, there may be some background app that's causing the error. Check Task Manager, anti-virus, etc. for any timed tasks.

paradox365

It crashes once every week.....I will try to check
task manager and see what that gives me.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online