Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

BSoD c000021a {Fatal System Error}

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  BostonSki 
#1 ·
Hi guys-

I have a Dell Inspiron E1505 series laptop running XP SP3 w/ MS Office.

I am/was using AVG free for anti-virus software. I did attempt to upgrade to AVG 11 then proceeded to run a scan with with auto shut down. That was it for the day. On my next attempt to start the machine, I saw the usual start up with Windows XP across the screen, and then got the BSoD. Tried several more times since and there is no change.
I do not recall hearing any noises that were out of the ordinary.

Here is the message I received:

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000034
The system has been shut down.

I have tried to start from a previous session including cmd line from F11 to no avail.

I have been able to retrieve some music by starting with Dell "media direct"

Hopefully this is a bit of a start.

I appreciate any help that can be provided.

Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
If I were you, this is what i'd do. First buy an external hard drive bigger than the one in your computer. Then, on another computer, go to this site: http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/download I recommend downloading to a CD. Download the file to your desktop. Open the file and follow the instructions. On the infected computer, boot off the CD or USB stick. When it starts up, click on 'Try Ubuntu'. Transfer everything from your hard drive onto the external hard drive. Reinstall Windows and all device drivers. Hope this helps.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.