1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

bsod /display driver attempt restart help!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by moisty, Jun 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moisty

moisty Thread Starter

hi
    ok going to try to explain everything the best way i can.
    for a while now at least 2years i have been getting the blue screen (computer restarts) and the error message is "attempt to restart the display driver failure:" along the lines of that.
    this occurs randomly can be when i first get to the main desktop or hours into using my computer, now i found that the majority of the time is when i am running alot of windows , ableton (music producing software) , plug ins, music, gaming online,streaming live, all different mixtures of these combined normally switch it off but i can't tell when or at what stage sometimes will be when i have just my browser open and music playing.
    now i did a bit of a look up on it and i came to the conclusion that it was something up with the graphics card, at first i thought it was because i was running 4monitors 3 of them through a matrox3display1plug and 1 hdmi . now i have support to run up to 6 monitors from my graphics card but i had the matrox unit from before so thought id use it (good for music production).
    anyway so i let it go thinking its just that but recently i decided to contact my graphics card company to ask them to see if it is me or the graphics card or something else.
    they gave me instructions basically to unistall the catalyst software and then download the new update software and drivers again and reinstall them. so i did thinking it would of been fixed.but no
    so im wondering if anyone can help me out with this issue as i dont have a clue what it could be , i have seen so many different answers to people's questions that i dont know which one is right wrong.

if you need anymore information please let me know ill do my best to get it for you.
    these are computer details from belarc advisor and another software so i can give you the best information i can.thanks

------EXTRA----
    Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) Service Pack 1
    alienware aurora alx

----Processor---
    3.47 gigahertz Intel Core i7 X 990
    384 kilobyte primary memory cache
    1536 kilobyte secondary memory cache
    12288 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
    64-bit ready
    Multi-core (6 total)
    Hyper-threaded (12 total)

------MEMORY----
    12280 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
    Slot 'DIMM0' has 2048 MB (serial number 6CB03D96)
    Slot 'DIMM1' has 2048 MB (serial number 2CB13D96)
    Slot 'DIMM2' has 2048 MB (serial number 37B13D96)
    Slot 'DIMM3' has 2048 MB (serial number 26B13D96)
    Slot 'DIMM4' has 2048 MB (serial number 2DB13D96)
    Slot 'DIMM5' has 2048 MB (serial number 76B03D96)

-----DISPLAY-----
    AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series [Display adapter] (2x)
    Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital Edition [Monitor] (20.2"vis, s/n 1365190068, May 2011)
    Samsung S22D390 [Monitor] (21.7"vis, s/n 810234698, July 2014)

not sure on what else you need just let me know and ill get..
    thanks sooo very much.
    cheers mate

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      253.7 KB
      Views:
  2. MaverickWolfe

MaverickWolfe

first, there are known issues with Radeon and Intel. Second, uninstalling and re-installing drivers won't fix an issue like that. Power supply Will need the specifications for that, Unstable power can cause BSODS with graphics, also Run a Memtest 86 that sometimes could be an issue with the graphics card itself.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1149545

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice