1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bsod eeror

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by bbgarnett, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bbgarnett

bbgarnett Thread Starter

Hello,

I received this bsod error A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval then the technical information etc. So I uploaded a copy of the mini dump file but I also to a loos in bsod viewer and it showed caused by driver ntoskrnl.exe and so on which all that info is the the .dmp file. So yeah does anyone know what the problem could be. On one note I am not overclocking and I do not have any other hardware installed in my PC. I have also just updated the bios as I was 4 revisions behind i was on f1 and there up to f5 or F6 but that's beta.

So any ideas on what would cause this as this was the first time I have seen this Bsod. I have also noticed sometimes when I wake up and go back to my PC that it had restarted itself overnight and was sitting back and my login screen and it was not caused by a windows update , some were but some weren't. I have since turned off automatic updating as I run a minecraft server and would like for my PC to not be restarting or blue screening causing the server to be down.

Edit: Hey,

sorry about the confusion the bsod error happened before the bios update and so I updated the bios afterwards. Also I was just pointing out that there was a Beta update but I only updated to the last stable release.

PC specs

Microsoft Windows 7 , Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD A8-3870 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 18 Model 1 Stepping 0
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 7677 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6550D, 512 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 476937 MB, Free - 186990 MB;
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., GA-A75M-D2H
    Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013, Updated and Enabled

Thanks,

Attached Files:

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Well, a "beta" BIOS update is not ready for public use because it is not finished, so that would be the main suspect if it was updated. It is almost always a bad idea to update the BIOS. It often results in a useless machine that heads to the trash heap. Unless there is a very specific, overriding, and risk-worthy reason for doing it, as expressed in its release notes, don't do it.

3. bbgarnett

bbgarnett Thread Starter

Hey,

sorry about the confusion the bsod error happened before the bios update and so I updated the bios afterwards. I looked up on Google and found someone who had the same problem and also had a similar MB and he was told to update the bios and so that guy did and he said he hasn't had any problems since, so I decided to see if my bios was out of date and it was so I updated it. Also I was just pointing out that there was a Beta update but I only updated to the last stable release.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083948

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice