1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved BSOD errors on new hardware (Moved from Windows 10)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Shahnaz, Oct 12, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Shahnaz

Shahnaz Thread Starter

Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
    RAM: 16.0GB (8gbx2) Corsair Vengeance Pro CMW16GX4M2C3200C16W
    MoBo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX (MS-7C02) (AM4)
    Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti (EVGA)
    Storage
    232GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (SATA (SSD) (Where W10 is installed)
    931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-00BN5A0

I bought a new Mobo, CPU and RAM days ago, and after tons of problems installing Windows 10 on my SSD I was finally able to push through and install everything, and update every drivers.
    But the problem still persist. I get BSOD all the time, and especially when trying to fix the problem. The most recurring ones being:
    -SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (WIN32KBASE.SYS)
    -KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    And a couple others has shown their faces:
    -KERNEL_AUTOBOOST_INVALID_LOCK_RELEASE
    -DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
    -INTERRUPT_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

WHAT I TRIED:
    -sfc /scanall -Doesn't show anything wrong.
    -DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth (and the other one)
    -Updated Drivers
    -Changed RAM sticks (All 3 set of sticks show the same problems)
    -Changed RAM stick to something that is compatible with both Mobo and CPU on the MSI support page. Made the problem worse.
    -BIOS Reset, shortened the CMOS

THINGS TO KNOW (If relevant)
    -SSD had Windows 7 before I formatted it and installed W10. (I did reset the BIOS after)
    -I changed the RAM sticks completely, changed the slots, but haven't tried using one stick at a time.
    -I tried using Memtest86 but it didn't work. Might be too dumb to understand.
    -Sometimes the computer just freezes, without BSOD. Forced to hard restart by holding power button.
    -The BSOD appears more often when I try to update drivers or when I run CMD prompts or system checks, even in safe mode.
    -It's very hard to access my desktop right now, and when I do it's a matter of seconds before a BSOD shows up.

I've been on this since I bought the new parts 3 days ago and I'm losing hope here, looking through Google like a maniac.

Here's the whocrashed.exe from this morning (Can't get another one because BSOD shows up too fast now).

On Sun 2019-10-13 12:18:42 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\101319-7609-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1C1220) Bugcheck code: 0xEF (0xFFFFAE0FCDA8F300, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0) Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System company: Microsoft Corporation description: NT Kernel & System Bug check description: This indicates that a critical system process died. There is a possibility this problem was caused by a virus or other malware. The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 2019-10-13 12:18:42 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP This was probably caused by the following module: ntdll.sys (ntdll!ZwTerminateProcess+0x14) Bugcheck code: 0xEF (0xFFFFAE0FCDA8F300, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0) Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Bug check description: This indicates that a critical system process died. There is a possibility this problem was caused by a virus or other malware. A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: ntdll.sys . Google query: ntdll.sys CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

On Sun 2019-10-13 12:09:23 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\101319-7812-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: win32kbase.sys (0xFFFFECB3393DF8E0) Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFECB3393DF8E0, 0xFFFFF280D2FEFF10, 0x0) Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION file path: C:\Windows\system32\win32kbase.sys product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System company: Microsoft Corporation description: Base Win32k Kernel Driver Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code. This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 2019-10-12 11:47:58 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\101219-6984-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1C1220) Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF8033E2F2ABC, 0xFFFFD68881A7CEC0, 0x0) Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System company: Microsoft Corporation description: NT Kernel & System Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code. This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

The following dump files were found but could not be read. These files may be corrupted: C:\Windows\Minidump\101319-8531-01.dmp C:\Windows\Minidump\101319-7671-01.dmp

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

a) Do you have a 3rd party antivirus? If so, uninstall it. 3rd party AV have a hard time keeping up with Windows 10's semi annual upgrade schedule and very often have compatibility problems with very different symptoms for every user.

b) I was not able to find a win32base.sys on my fresh install. So maybe you have a virus.

3. Shahnaz

Shahnaz Thread Starter

It is a fresh install though. I formatted the SSD before installing W10.

Didn't install 3rd Party AV yet either.

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

The 2nd error you quoted told you to update your drivers.

Go to Control Panel > Device Manger. Go to each driver and right click Update.

5. Shahnaz

Shahnaz Thread Starter

Hm, I thought it was installed in the SSD before I formatted it.

Still, I can't reach the control panel now. I get BSOD errors 4/5 times I open the computer before it reaches the desktop, and when it does work it freeze the instant I open something

6. lunarlander

lunarlander

Too many different errors - reinstall Windows.

7. Shahnaz

Shahnaz Thread Starter

Can't. BSOD everytime I try.

EDIT: Those 2:
    -SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (WIN32KBASE.SYS)
    -KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Changed RAM sticks, tried one Stick on different slots, etc. Nothing works.

Anyway, I've dismantled the PC, I'm gonna go exchange all my pieces at the store tomorrow. Is there a possibility that the Mobo or the CPU is defect?

8. lunarlander

lunarlander

You don't have an older PC to use? Everyone has an older PC nowadays. Go download MS Media Creation Tool. Run it to Generate a Windows Setup DVD or USB memory stick. Boot with that to re-install. The latest version of Win 10 was released in May 2019, so if you have an older one, you need to use the new download to generate a new one.

Reinstall first. That doesn't cost money.

9. Shahnaz

Shahnaz Thread Starter

Do you mean reinstalling Windows 10 on the SSD by using a separate computer?

Because if you're saying to use the USB with W10 in it on the faulty PC, I already did, and like I said, it doesn't reach the installation before BSOD.

10. Shahnaz

Shahnaz Thread Starter

Ok so I've exchanged the Motherboard at the store and used a new SSD to test. Formatted a USB stick, put the Windows Setup in it.

I started it, the windows logo appeared, and then the computer froze. As in 30 minutes later the Windows logo was still there without any loading bar or anything, so I forced it off.

Now when I boot from the USB I automatically get the KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD. I don't even reach the installation screen.

11. lunarlander

lunarlander

Since the mobo is new, SSD is new. I think you should buy a new memory stick.

12. Shahnaz

Shahnaz Thread Starter

It was the 3rd set of RAM that I tried.

At this point I'm thinking either my RAM is incompatible for some reason, or my CPU is the culprit.

13. lunarlander

lunarlander

No I mean buy a new USB memory stick.

14. Shahnaz

Shahnaz Thread Starter

It was the CPU, when I changed it everything was fine. Thanks for your help nonetheless.

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!