Solved BSOD, freezes and programs crashing

CakeGuy

As this is my first post on a forum in years and not even in my mother language, please excuse any errors on my side that may occur.

First of I don't know if the problem is Windows related, but as it is the only OS I have installed at the moment, I am posting it here.

In January I built a new PC and have got a lot of little errors since then:
- Multiple BSOD, though not the same ones. Often it's Video Scheduler Error, but there are a lot more.
- Programs just suddenly crash, e.g. Visual Studio, I'm writing some Code and suddenly it closes itself and starts up again.
- Same happens with Word, Excel, Firefox (here tabs can crash or the whole browser)
- For games it's a little special, they don't crash, but just freeze. I can still alt+tab, but the front window will allways stay the frozen game screen. Or they just crash too.
- I watched the performance of my gpu in taskmanager and the game crashes seem to occur, when the GPU 3D part spikes to 100%

Now the things I tried.
- Originaly it was a dual boot system with manjaro and win10, but I cleaned everything and made a fresh install of windows 10Pro. Since then I made about 3 fresh installs.
- checked my RAM via memtest86 all together and each for itself -> no errors
- I tried every Nvidia Driver that is compatible with my RTX 2070 Super Gaming Trio X (each time uninstalling with DDU)
- I switched GPU to my Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics (which I know works, I have a asecond PC where none of these Errors occur)
- I swapped cabels for my PSU
- I updated the bios of my MB
- I also tried a lot more, but since this issue is persisting since january I just can't remember everything

Now then I would me more than happy if some of you could help me here. If you need anything else don't hesitate to write me.

Oh and here is the system info for reference:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 19041, Installed 20200613211443.000000+120
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 23 Model 113 Stepping 0, CPU Count: 12
Total Physical RAM: 32 GB
Graphics Card: Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics
Hard Drives: C: 465 GB (366 GB Free); X: 931 GB (588 GB Free); Y: 465 GB (330 GB Free);
Motherboard: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. MEG X570 UNIFY (MS-7C35), ver 2.0, s/n JB16713261
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n To be filled by O.E.M.
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

crjdriver

You have not included the most important part; the exact pw supply you have installed. Do not post "500W" Post the exact brand and model#
Next what are your temps and voltages; specifically cpu temp, 12V, 5V, and 3.3 volt values?

crjdriver

I never use msi boards however it appears that the support page for that board has a utility available for download; called dragon center. This is a hardware monitoring program. Note this is also an overclocking program. Do not make any changes; just use the monitor part of the program. Here is a link to the support page;
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MEG-X570-UNIFY/Overview

CakeGuy

Of course, that was a plunder on my side,

My PSU is a:
BE QUIET! Straight Power 11 750W Cable Management GOLD

And here is a pic of the temperature and voltage levels 1593971731174.png

Please follow bellow steps to share event logs:

1. Right click on Windows button and click on "Windows PowerShell (Admin)"
2. copy/paste all of the bellow code at once and right click into console then hit enter

Code:
Get-EventLog -LogName System -EntryType Error | ? Source -ne DCOM |
select EventID, TimeGenerated, Source, Message | sort TimeGenerated -Descending | fl > C:\system.log
3. copy/paste all of the bellow code at once and right click into console then hit enter

Code:
Get-EventLog -LogName HardwareEvents -EntryType Error, Warning -Newest 200 -EA Ignore |
select EventID, TimeGenerated, Source, Message | sort TimeGenerated -Descending | fl > C:\hardware.log
4. copy/paste all of the bellow code at once and right click into console then hit enter
Code:
Get-EventLog -LogName system -Source user32 | select EventID, EntryType, TimeGenerated, Source, Message |
sort TimeGenerated -Descending | fl > C:\shutdown.log
5. This will create files called "shutdown.log", "system.log" and "hardware.log" in your C drive
6. Zip up those 3 files and attach to your new reply

For more information about event log see:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...oblems-with-event-viewer-in-microsoft-windows

Follow bellow steps to generate system information file:

1. Click on Windows button
2. Type msinfo32 on your kyeboard
3. Right click on "System Information" and Run as Administrator
4. If asked for password enter your password and click OK
5. Click on: File -> Save...
6. Save the file to your desktop or to C:\ drive directly
8. Zip up the file and attach to your reply

For more information about msinfo32 tool see bellow link:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...of-microsoft-system-information-msinfo32-tool

What do to next:

Before continuing:
1. If any hardware is overclocked/underclocked reset to normal levels
2. Reset BIOS to defaults

Then follow THIS thread carefully to enable driver verifier.

If you experience problem booting into system after enabling driver verifier you'll need to enter safe boot to disable it:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

On previous link I gave there is explanation on how to generate smaller automatic dump files:
https://forums.techguy.org/threads/...ying-to-find-the-problem.1247274/post-9718814

Since the issues you reported are random and not related to specific program this would be either a driver or hardware problem. if it's driver it will be caught by driver verif.

When you get new BSOD after enabling driver verif. generate new logs and dumps and share.

Following is a check list of software one should avoid to prevent unexpected system behavior,

1. Registry, disk or system cleaners
2. Driver download or updater tools
3. System tweak tools or system optimizers
4. Various malware/adware removal tools or scanners
5. Program/driver uninstallers
6. Browser extensions of questionable reputation
7. Various "fix" tools that claim to fix some problem

If you installed anything that matches the list above, please remove from system, reboot system, and give your report here.

crjdriver

Those temps and voltages look ok. You should check a second time while running a stress test. For the stress test, use one of the following; prime95, OCCT, Realbench [all free downloads] Let the stress test run for at least 2min to stabilize temps and voltages.
I see where your ram is running @ 1.2V which is default. Some ram needs a higher vdimm or ram voltage set in the bios. Check to see if your ram needs 1.2V or 1.35V.

CakeGuy

@zebanovich
I tried everything you wrote, the 3 logs + eventlog are attached, but after enabling I couldn't even start back into Windows, as I was allways getting a BSOD with Driver verifier detected violation.

@crjdriver
I checked the ram on the manufacturer site and there a voltage of 1.2V is given.
As for the stress tested data:
1593978064401.png

And because it happened this moment 1593978664026.png these are the spikes which I mentioned before.
This one happened as I was opening file explorer, screen froze for about 4 sec and continued normally after.

Attachments

Last edited:
I tried everything you wrote, the 3 logs + eventlog are attached, but after enabling I couldn't even start back into Windows, as I was allways getting a BSOD with Driver verifier detected violation.
If you got BSOD because of driver verifier then please share all the dumps that happened while driver verif. was enabled.

If you followed my screenshots you should have multiple small dumps that hold the key to problem

CakeGuy

Strangely enough there is only one dump from today even though it crashed multiple times.
But there were some from the last 4 days or so, I included them as well.

Attachments

Just one dump is from driver verif. and the problem driver (or hardware) is from:

http://www.ene.com.tw/index-en.php
OR
https://ptolemytech.com

Driver/Service EnetechIo - ene.sys

I'm not able to determine from you NFO file which device would that be since it's not in English, but according to google it's either:

1. led lights from case (flashing lights component)
OR
2. wireless adapter

To verify driver signature and ensure it's not malware driver:

1. press Windows key
2. type sigverif
3. run sigverif as Administrator
4. click start button
5. when scan done, click advanced button
6. click "View log" button
7. click anywhere into the log, press CTRL + A then CTRL + C to copy (or select all and copy)
8. paste into new text file, save and share log

To verify this driver (or hardware) is causing trouble do one of the following:

- uninstall this driver
- remove device from computer
- use device manager to disable device

then:

1. restart computer
2. enable driver verifier again
3. reproduce problem again

Funny because the driver in question is somehow not in the list to verify it's signature.

Please follow bellow steps to share loaded drivers:

1. Right click on Windows button and click on "Windows PowerShell (Admin)"
2. copy/paste all of the bellow code at once and right click into console then hit enter

Code:
Get-WindowsDriver -Online -All |
select Driver, Version, DriverSignature, ClassName, ProviderName, Date |
sort ProviderName > C:\DriverStore.txt
3. Wait few seconds until command done, then copy/paste all of the bellow code at once and right click into console then hit enter

Code:
gwmi Win32_SystemDriver | select Status, State, DisplayName, PathName |
sort State | fl > C:\drivers.txt
4. this will create a file called "drivers.txt" and "DriverStore.txt" in your C drive
5. Zip up those 2 log files and attach to your new reply

how do I uninstall this particular driver, do I just delete it?
No don't just delete.
See in:
control panel -> Programs and features
if there is driver package that is from one of the companies listed in my previous post (2 links)
if yes, uninstall and reboot system

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online