1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD - Fresh windows install

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Meedzy, Nov 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Meedzy

Meedzy Thread Starter

Hey, so i recently (less than a week ago) upgraded my windows 7 install from 32bit to 64bit, so im on a fresh windows install, and everything was working fine until i left my computer on overnight to do all the windows updates and came back to find it had restarted due to a bluescreen, i figured it may be a one off and didnt do anything about it, until it happened while i was using it just now.

So i downloaded BluescreenViewer and here is the first BSOD;

http://puu.sh/5bxKa/de68b99af2.png

This is the second one that happened while i was actually using the computer;

http://puu.sh/5bxNu/9bd0fd8fa3.png

I searched on the internet for a while to see if i could figure out how to solve it myself, and read that using windows verifier to find out which driver is apparently responsible can be useful, so i ran that, and here is what that found;

http://puu.sh/5bxRQ/8126ec9f46.png

Any help would be appreciated as im not sure what to do, on the right hand side each BSOD says it is caused by a different driver file, and im not sure what program/thing either of them are attached to or from.

2. jhayz

jhayz

Some of your BSOD points to your wifi card driver. Can you try reinstalling - updating or use the correct driver and see if the problem persist?
    This BSOD file also relates to a gigabyte feature software (Energy Saver). Remove it and if not possible, use REVO uninstaller free.

3. Meedzy

Meedzy Thread Starter

Thankyou for your help, its appreciated, i'll do those things and post back if the problem occurs again, im not sure how long that will be, maybe a week, as the last 2 BSOD's were 3 days apart! since then it hasnt happened again and its been 3 days.

4. jhayz

jhayz

Ok. Let us know what would be the outcome.

5. Mark1956

Mark1956

As you are seeing random BSOD error codes and different drivers named that could indicate your memory is faulty. There will be more of it in use now that you have a 64bit OS so that could be why the problem has only just appeared.

If the above advice doesn't help run this test:

Download Memtest86+ from here
    If you wish to run the test from a USB flash drive use this link Auto installer for USB key
    When the download is complete right click the file and select Extract Here and burn the image to a CD.

In windows 7 right click the extracted file, select Open With, then select Windows Disc Image Burning Tool then follow the prompts.
    For all other versions of windows (if you do not have an ISO burner) download this free software. ImgBurn
    Install the program (make sure you uncheck any boxes to stop any bundled software from installing) and start the application. Select the top left hand option to Write image file to disk and then on the next window click on the small yellow folder icon and browse to the ISO file you have downloaded. Then click on the two grey discs with the arrow in between (bottom left) and leave it to complete the operation.

Testing

• Boot the PC into the Bios setup and set the CD/DVD drive to 1st in the boot sequence.
    • Insert the disk in the drive then reboot and the disc will load into dos.
    • Leave the test to run through at least 8 passes or until it is showing some errors.
    • If errors show in the test, stop the test and remove all but one of your RAM sticks then start the test again. Repeat the test on each stick until you find the one that is faulty.

NOTE: This is a long slow test and for convenience should ideally be run overnight.

The memtest will not be 100% accurate but should easily detect any major faults.

6. Meedzy

Meedzy Thread Starter

Hello again! i did with jhayz suggested and all was fine until today, i woke up and turned my computer on, signed into windows and it instantly bluescreened, but has been fine for the past 5 days.

Here is this most recent one;

http://puu.sh/5jU1t/0f4a03457c.png

I will do what you have suggested mark and let you know how it goes, probably tomorrow as i'll do it overnight tonight!

Thankyou again

7. Mark1956

Mark1956

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1112430

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice