1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD - Ghost in the Machine

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Latnam, Nov 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Latnam

Latnam Thread Starter

The title of this thread says it all, and I am literally at my wits end on this computer.

The computer was built by a local shop. It ran with no issues for a couple months, and we were met with BSOD.
    I took the computer back to the shop, and they can't get the computer to crash. They said it must have been a fluke, and I took it home. I decided to wipe the hard drive, and press on from there. In the middle of the hard drive wipe it BSOD again. I took it back to the local shop. This time they asked for me to bring everything. I brought the monitor, speakers, keyboard, and mouse to him. He was trying to see if any of these components was causing a surge. He held onto my computer for a few days, and says the same thing. No issues were found. He ran a stress test on the hard drive, check the memory for issues. The computer would not crash at all for him. I got the computer back yesterday, and plugged it in. The only software I have installed is Firefox and AVG 2012. The computer was fine all day yesterday. Today it started again with the BSOD message.

I have moved the computer to a different wall outlet. It is still giving me this accursed BSOD message, and the guy who built it is claiming nothing is wrong with it.

I don't believe it to be a software issue, but I am getting quite frustrated with this.

Any assistance is highly appreciated.

Latnam

2. Sick_Jargon

Sick_Jargon

I can imagine your frustration, sounds crazy.

I haven't experienced too many BSOD's myself and as such, don't know exactly what causes them. However, this must be linked in with power in some form as after all, it's the only significant change when you take it back to the shop.

Is there anywhere else you can take it to be tested? Friend, family, etc.. If you can test it somewhere else and get positive results its likely the outlets in your home don't produce the correct power. I have no idea how this works, as I'm no electrician lol.

Could you provide the specs on your PSU please. (model, wattage, amps - Will all be shown on the side of the PSU itself).

3. Latnam

Latnam Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026376

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice