BSOD Help - MiniDumps

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

marcolopes

I've been getting some of these.
I need a little help to sort out the issues.
I believe it's ATI graphics related
Tried many configurations, and been using ATI Tray Tools.
System stable for few days, then BSOD!

Thanks to all.

Attachments

marcolopes

Yes. and i removed it.
Also removed atitray tools...

Then i got ANOTHER problem:
the VIDEO Thumbnail previews of VIDEO FILES made my PC FREEZE (completely)

Had to remove ALL divx codec's, removed Thumbnail Video integration (regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll) and installed older Divx 5.2.1 codec...

Seems stable now.

Testing...

I wish i could go back and use atitraytools...

If you still have problems with thumbnails freezing -- try this:

UNcheck "hide protected system files" in Folder Options > view (temporarily)

Go to the directory where the videos are stored and delete or rename "thumbs.db".

It will get recreated; although the folder will open slowly at first, once the cache is recreated it should be faster.

Never heard that simple (yet elegant) solution for a common problem, Rog--Thanks.

Marco--After removing Daemon tools and rebuilding the thumbnail cache, you might try reinstalling the ATI app--It should certainly behave differently.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online