1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD Help Please

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by thangnho, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. thangnho

thangnho Thread Starter

Hi,
    I'm new to this site. I got a BSOD for about a month now. I normally got it when booting up...was able to boot up in safe mode. Here is the info for my pc

HP Desktop
    Model: M9340f
    Intel QUAD CPU Q6700 2.66GHz
    RAM 6GB
    System type: X64

I ran SFC /Scannow and it said found corrupt files but unable to fix. I try to attach the cbs.log file but even after I zip it, it's still 663kb which is larger than allow...same thing for rar. Is there another way to attach?

2. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

Hello and welcome to TSG.

Details of the Stop Error message might be enough. What is the alpha-numeric code - 0x0000?? - on the blue screen and ANY_WORDS_JOINED_UP by underscores? See what informaiton is on offer in Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Event Viewer>System logs for the last time the system fell over..

3. thangnho

thangnho Thread Starter

Hi and thanks for trying to help.
    I did a couple of things after I posted...but not sure if it will fix it or not. Anyways, I don't see "system logs" after clicking event viewer. screen shot attached.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

4. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

For some unknown reason, I'm having problems with that RAR. I'll try it later on my laptop with a different version of WinZip and get back to you if someone else doesn't get here first..

5. thangnho

thangnho Thread Starter

Hi please help. Here are the 2 latest bsod I got just now.
    the first one:

APC_INDEX_MISMATCH
    Technical info:
    Stop: 0x00000001 (0x00000000772C6E3A, 0x00000000000, 0x00000000000FFFE,0)

The 2nd one, only get the technical info:

Stop: 0x0000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8000272728E, 0xFFFFFA60005A9A8,0)

If you need anything else please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

6. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

The 7e error covers a lot of things - see if there's anything in this KB article - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330182 - that may apply in your circumstances. Don't go for any of the fixes unless you're certain it's the right one -post back if you have any doubts.

You might also try a boot with only the basics plugged in - keyboard, mouse and monitor and if that boot succeeds, plug one additional device in at a time and try booting again, one at a time.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!